Sunday, June 24, 2007

New York

Back from New York/Washington finally!

Photos are not yet uploaded, and I'm still getting used to typing - I've not typed in a week. Anyway I also need to practise my piano, because if I don't, I will get very very screwed. The last thing on my mind is surprisingly homework, but I seriously can't be bothered. I've done my Mathematic TA, but not my Chinese homework. I can't stand to do it. Ok technically I didn't DO the Math TA, because Andrew mostly did the work. Sorry Andrew -.- Punishment: No more grouping with him anymore...

I brought back with me presents, experiences, and memories. Wonderful memories.

We actually had a standing ovation at the Carnagie Hall!!! When Mr Sze got to the stage with the other conductors, he looked a little vertically-challenged. Definitely not that much but it got some of the Secondary 2s laughing. Lol.

Day 0
The aeroplane flight took like a few days. Crap. Almost one week later I still don't know how I survived the plane flight. It was like, how long, reaching New York. The only thing I enjoyed, was most definitely the food. :) SIA food rocks my world. You get what, in the morning wonderful hashbrown, huge eggs coated with cheese and egg yolk, heavenly bacon, a bun, honeydew, rock melon, yoghurt, YUM YUM YUM.

Day 1
Upon reaching New York via Frankfurt, we started walking around after checking in into our hotel. We went to the Museum of Modern Art.

After a voting session, we had a undisputed decision - get out of MoMA. I mean, Modern music - intolerable.

Modern Art? - Forget it.

We went to Rockefeller Centre and viewed New York from the 50th storey. Very nice. :)

Times Square was like the same as in the movies, the huge billboard with MnM's world behind it, and lots and lots of shops and people.

Basically New York was as it was on TV, those sewage holes with smoke coming out of them, quite some rubbish around the dustbins, lots and lots of black marks on the floor of chewing gum, and yep, basically New York. If given a chance, I would actually live in New York. Just love it's busy attitude. :)

The main part at Carnagie Hall was a complete success. One of the best concerts in my life, and probably RISE's. A brilliant standing ovation, lots of cheers, and good audience. Just what Singapore lacks. Haiz.

AUdiences from overseas are much more open. Or rather people. Look at the girls in disco night. We had a disco in the cruise, and the American girls were all dancing like mad, with us Singaporeans basically being the shy people we always were and standing at one side. There was once where we actually joined in, almost a takeover, it was quite a couple of cool damn songs.

Just goes to show for me why listening to too much Beatles or Beegees is bad. I couldn't even stand or recognise ANY music, except for those classic ones. And one Beegees song actually played when I was leaving the boat with everyone - More than a Woman

But yep, after Carnagie the next day we went straight to Washington, visited Lincoln Memorial, the place where Martin Luther King made his famous speech. Very solemn place, although Haotian entirely made a fool of himself by laughing and falling onto the floor.

Please reflect, Haotian.

Moving on, I learnt many things in this trip. Adriel commented something which I agree, "The best way to know somebody is to travel with the person."

Quite true. No wonder there is a need for a honeymoon...

So, yep, we kicked ass for Singapore, and we did Singapore proud.

Of course, that's one for Singapore, one for RISE, and of course, one for Mr Sze.

Cheers!

No comments: