Sunday, February 11, 2007

Masterclass, Music, and Blanks

I've been trying to update but I failed because I was too busy.

Ok yesterday I played for a masterclass with Miss Eleanor Wong, who is I heard the best piano teacher in HongKong, and she has taught many students, most of them have won prizes in international competition, nd oe of them Rachel Cheung, actually won the Gina Bachauer Competition. wtf.

I watched Rachel's concert at 8pm yesterday, and came back about 11pm, so I was unable to practise Beethoven's Tempest, and thus I have cancelled today's lesson.

Then later today I would have to perform in another masterclass, this time informal, with Professor Yu, and have my cello lesson with Mr. Song in the late afternoon.

Extremely tight schedule but what to do? I haven't even started discussing with Jun Sean the Chinese presentation which is due tomorrow. Gone.

Yesterday's masterclass was good, I performed Chopin's Scherzo in B flat minor, and screwed up the last note, which jumps to the highest F on the keyboard, (you can go find it now), I played a G-G sharp, so the harmony was entirely screwed. The venue was damn good, The Arts House, which was once the Parliament House, where they sat to discuss nation issues.

Quite European, the smell of wood, carpet, and the chandeliers hanging above, and the leather seats, with the Steinway piano in the middle of it all, under this spotlight. About 15 people attneded the masterclass, sad case for the rest of the 4 499 985 people in Singapore who didn't attend it. (Don't reach out for your calculators now, or start staring at the number and counting whether its 4.5million - 15, and don't tag on my blog telling me Singapore's population at its current point of time)

Shawn Neo played too, performing Lizst, and another girl from Yong Siew Toh, name's Hannah Lim, I sweared I never heard contrapuntal music so wonderfully played before.

Dr. Chang Tou Liang was there, and he was watching the masterclass. In case you're wondering who is he, he's the music review writer for the Straits Times, and he's my doctor, which means I visit him when I get sick. His clinic is at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre. I think.

Then Miss Abigail Sin was there, and she actually said, "Hi!" to me. Ok fine "Hi." to me, but I was too ___ to speak anything. (Fill in whatever you want to, and tag on my tagboard the missing word. The best description wins. Or I'll give you something.) And then after that she actually said, "Well done." at the end of the performance and I was like _____, and I said, "Thanks!"

My only word to her the whole 2 half hours.

What a lousy person I am.

Then 8pm was Rachel Cheung's concert, and for the first half me and Shawn Neo were talking about girls and which is his favourite girl's school, and for the second half Shawn Neo, Jonathan Lim and I was talking crap again, comments about the pianist, (including some sick ones).


But her playing was wonderful, and she never missed a single note, unlike me, missing a note seems to be tradition already.

Ok preparing for masterclass already.

Bye!

No comments: