Monday, June 1, 2009

The Alcohol Allergy.

The past few days have been the craziest days of the year.

I know this sounds like something out of a Taiwanese soap opera, but it's true. Few weeks back my dad found his long-lost brother at Parkway Parade, and subsequently his brother started calling up everyone else to inform them that, yes, they've found the last brother.

Well, my dad could have been dead for all they know, but of course he's still alive. In any case, the gathering was last Saturday, and we had a hell lot of fun. Singing Beatles, Carpenters, and Barry Manilow, not forgetting the Hokkien songs and the Chinese ones. If I can remember, I think there were 9 of them in all, with the spouses and such.

Truly frightening and hard to believe, because everyone laughed so loudly and cheered even louder. They were all soccer fanatics, and one of them even said they would die for football. So it seems it indeed runs in the veins. They are all my uncles and aunts, and I just found it super cool.

Finally, after 16 years of knowing their existence but never having seen them.

Feeling super tired now. Yawn. None of you will know what happened yesterday, shhh. Delirious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I happened to come across your blog cos 1 of my cousin (I think Priscilla) sent me a facebook suggestion to add you in...well ok to cut the long story short...I am your cousin too!..my dad is the eldest brother and I'm the elder daughter...haha...

So anyway my dad was telling me abt the gathering few weeks ago so I reckon it should be the same gathering you were mentioning here...:)

Anyway, I have just added you in FB too! Welcome to the Shin Family ;D

-Jane Shen-