Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Rolling/Office Chair Battle

Today's RE was brilliant man. We were working damn hard, listening to each other's music and correcting our lyrics. And we were looking at each other's manuscripts, while Zhiyi played his first draft, and it sounded very nice. Good job guys. And we looked like, totally presentable when Miss Shen walked in abruptly. We were all quiet and deep in thought, immersed into the melodies of our songs. And Miss Shen was like, "Good job guys! I like your project title!" She asked me who suggested the "Green Crotchets" one but I forgot, either Zhiyi Benwee or Jinghui. A matter of right place right time.

After lunch, things got totally different, because guess why, we finished all our work already! Stomachs full, we geared up for the Game: The Rolling/Office Chair Battles.

Three Categories so far: Single Duel, Double Duel, FFA (Free for All)
Rules of the Game: Like jousting, but your horse would be a chair powered by your legs (strength), and you must attempt to push your opponent to:

1) Right at the end of the Battle/Jousting lane
OR
2) Come into contact with the side tables
Or
3) Simply fall of his chair

You must dodge pushes (agility), plan your way of strike (intelligence), and basically win the game.



Match 1: Single Duel
Opponent: Ben Wee
Winner: None

Match Report: We were basically slugging it out after lunch, and I thought I was a little on the losing end. I came very close to losing, but did not. Our match was interrupted several times, but we were sweating like some shit, because we were basically slamming onto each other after so many countdowns and charges that the rolling chair backs actually got scratched.

Match 2: Double Duel
Opponents: Ben Wee and Jinghui
Winner: Ben Wee and Jinghui

Match Report: I partnered with David against them, and we could have snatched several, but they took down David quickly and I was left alone. Then one more charge and they took beat my ass, and I was quickly subdued to the tables after I tried to escape twice successfully.

Match 3: FFA
Opponents: Ben Wee and Jinghui only
Winner: Me (Jonathan Shin)

Match Report: The first FFA was extremely tiring, and we were basically slugging it out. I think the first to go down was Ben Wee, I forced him to the table lanes to hear him screaming out in pain. Then I was left with Jinghui and dodging for so long with double leg supports, I beat him.

Match 4: FFA
Opponents: Ben Wee, Jinghui, David, Zhiyi
Winner: Me

Match Report: Zhiyi chose to start right at the middle between me, David and Jinghui, Ben Wee. So we chiong and he got stuck in the middle, that fat guy. Lol. Then it was slugging it out again and we were breaking through, and chairs were falling everywhere. It was seriously an epic battle, with barricades of chairs and missles of chairs pushing everywhere, and about 3 rolling/office chairs were stuck between the melees. A new rule was set, not to come into body contact with the opponent. So it was about 15 minutes before rehearsal, and it lasted for about 10-14 minutes, that fight. Another rule was set, rest 5 seconds after someone gets edge out of the battle. So we got ready for another charge with me and David, and we pushed them back, killed Zhiyi, went back, charge, Jinghui was down, and then David next, before me and Ben Wee once again striked each other down, and I got him stuck at the left corner.

The taste of winning has never been so sweet. Come back for the next Match Reports next Wednesday!

No comments: