Saturday, August 4, 2007

My WEEK

We'll see about that, audrey.

Right here goes my blogspot. It's going to be longer...but no pictures.

Maybe there will be pictures, but I don't know! We shall see about that.

Monday was the piano majors barbecue. Did I mention that? At the gathering were all the piano majors (duh), Julie (owner of Music Essentials, where we all get our scores), her husband, Mr. Albert Tiu, Dr. Hecht, and some other adults who contributed in the cooking or were part of the faculty.

And then the food was wonderfully cooked I tell you. There was beef, chicken, stingray, durian and manjo cake, plus spicy stingray!

But I skipped the stingray in any case. The rest was absolutely fantastic, really. Imagine beef so tender and soft...the taste that melts into your mouth...I had 3 slices of it, and that was all I had for dinner. I skipped the chicken also, because I didn't feel like getting my fingers oily. But it surely surely looked good.

And sounds good ;)

Before the eating though there was a briefing of this semester's happenings, and the exams and blah.

Once again I saw Clarence, someone I knew for 2 years already. He's really someone I respect, not because he's my senior but because of his skills. Then after that there was Tarin and Akkra and Andre, and the girls too. Imma? and then there was Eng Han. Freshmen, but me and Aidi are part-timers.

Then there was graduate Lee, who was the cook of the day...thank you for the food.

Did I mention fresh salad? Lettuce, tartar sauce, tomato... just to clear out the oily stuff.

Perfect.

Then there were the games - Taboo. Ok fine, game.

I was with Clarence, Tarin, Aidi and all the other adults. Basically it's a game where the person goes up there and acts out a word (or alternatively some other words) and the group he belongs to will start guessing the correct word.

I collected all together 10 points, in the whole game. Dr. Hecht did 11 in one go, the record of the day. And Clarence was a pretty good actor too...then we realised Tarin was having a fever. But in any case I went back at about 10pm. 3 hours of fun!

On a side note thanks Mr. Sze for letting me off early, but I have to buy him a tub of Haagen-Daas, when I have not even tasted a single DRIP of it.

How about a mamashop one? Just kidding.

Some of the thoughts that came into me while I was in the shower/practising cello/basically doing other things:

I only grow on Saturdays and Sundays.

(Because I get to sleep early and wake up late, which means ENOUGH time to grow in my sleep. Not more)

And then from Maximillian Viera.

"Are you tired?"
"Yes"
"No, you're Jonathan Shin."
"(THE look) "
"What!"

And then from me, this time in class.

"When you're Norman you know who to call..."
(after 6 seconds of silence)
Norman, Enghan, Clement - "...?"
Me - "...?"
then we started to ROFL...

No comments: