Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Detention #1 (no series planned)

My plan backfired. It wasn't really a 'plan'. It was a I-need-to-eat-my-lunch-NOW case, and so I missed 20 mins of Assembly period to go eat my lunch at RJ. I managed to avoid the prefects doing their rounds at RJC, but when I got back to RI for the Assembly, I met into Miss Goh, and she referred me to Miss Jacqueline Sim, who made me go for detention, and then to Mr. Tan Wen Seng. Good thing was that they didn't shout in my ears, otherwise it would have been unbearable.

So I got one demerit point for truancy - one step to being John Lennon at 16. Or 15. Except I have yet to get laid (which I'm not planning to do so until I'm 30) So unfair really. I've never been to a detention my whole LIFE!

I wouldn't complain it's unfair or anything, because after I told my dad about the detention he said good that I ate my lunch and that I had to take care of my health.

Otherwise it would be Assembly wise Pound foolish. Had I not eaten, I would have FALLEN ILL! :O So for detention I had to write a reflection letter, and tomorrow I would be making a speech with 3 other guys during morning assembly about why one shouldn't pon assembly. Actually being in the process it really isn't meant to humialliate us, just to tell you guys that ponning really sucks. Because when I went for the last few parts of the Humanities quiz, it really was damn fun.

Moral of the story? Always have a heavy breakfast at 5am so you wouldn't have to look like an idiot at 12.30 and run off to RJ to quickly get your stomach filled.

Originally I could have gone home to practise piano at 3, but I got home at 6. I have juries this Saturday. And I have nothing to worry about already. I've gotten over it, and I need to work on my priorities. But yet, I have so limited time to practise. I only have tonight to practise, and none tomorrow before I go for my lessons. And string ensemble rehearsal on Friday is from 6.30 to 9.30. I get back home, practise till 12am. Entirely possible. And then 10am would be my juries. 6 hours to sleep, and 2 to practise, before taking a bus to the Conservatory.

Fine. Settled.

After this Saturday, I'm free. I can compose music. I can read lots of books. Play music with friends.

But concentrate, concentrate on Saturday.

Concentrate on my music.

No comments: