Monday, May 12, 2008

peace finally for her

Kk I'm back. Firstly lots of people to thank.

First to top the list would be Jason, my cousin, who was here to help my dad and I in arrangement of the wake, the funeral, and lastly her cremation. And of course he was always there when drinks were needed to be served.

Was pretty busy on the second day though - many visitors came in, including all my NAFA friends, some of my classmates, extended relatives, and some of my mum's friends.

Today was the final day of the wake - there was a service before the cremation in the church. It was overwhelming, but I pretty much had everything organized in my head already, so I unknowingly did not shed a tear.

Thanks to Fiona and Edwyna for being all the way there from the service to the cremation.

The church is a beautiful and good place for inspiration. Must stop taking advantage of the Church to write music.



Thanks to all classmates who came down although there was school! Zhongren, Bryan, Jon Lim, Miss Low, and Mr Tan. Thank you!

Thanks to Mr. Eric Lim, my dad's friend, who bought a book "The Rest Is Noise" on modern art music for me, talking about Debussy and Ravel and the likes. Extremely hard to find a person like him (accompanied Pres. Nathan to South Africa before, owns many companies, and probably owns Mr. Kwan ;) - Sorry ryan!)

Thanks to the 6-5 guys, who really cheered me up when I just saw them. Laughing and talking alot of nonsense as per usual. For goodness Henry please start acting normal. Which wake has a doorbell. In 70 years when you have yours I'll switch off the lights to yours man...See whether got doorbell sound come out..

Thanks to all my relatives, who have been a constant pillar of support for me, and giving some life's invaluable tips.

Thanks to all RISE members, who came down, including Mr Sze, who came for two days. You guys have been a constant reminder for me to stay strong and focused too. Thanks!

Thanks to my neighbours, who also came down to visit my mum and gave words of wisdom.

Thanks to the funeral director, who ensured everything went smoothly and made my mum's journey to heaven smooth.

Thanks to the Church, who provided a safe and holy haven for the wake, a place where we could mourn, a place which was calm and quiet, a peaceful resting place for my mum.

And of course all who came to pay their last respects.

I'll get back soon to the track of life

No comments: