Saturday, May 17, 2008

Scrubbing Germany's Plucking

The joy of seeing the dirt all gone after scrubbing one's own white pants. So there I was, just continuously scrubbing at the leg end, and seeing the patch lightening in colour.

I'm going to Germany in August! Clarence bought the air ticket for me already, because we (including the imba Zhang Aidi) made it into the competition round. After doing a recording of my Mozart Sonata K.330 1st Movement and my Chopin 'Harp' Etude, I sent it in to the organization and passed the recording round.

So anyway yeah I'm flying off on the 31st of July. It's kinda exciting that someone else bought the air ticket for me, because usually it would be a family-planned thing and we would do the surveys and everything.

This time Clarence smsed me to say 'I got the air ticket for you already.' Cool...

I'm going alone though! :( For the first time in my life I'll be going overseas all alone, without any company, although there's Clarence and Aidi. My dad will stay here in Singapore...And my mum will be around me in spirit :)

It's been a week, and I've coped surprisingly ok, trying to get this into a default setting. There's not much a huge change, except that it's clearer where the laundry goes and how to wash the laundry. Speaking of which I just went to hang up the bamboo poles...

I'll use Vesak Day to do all my overdue homework, so that means no distractions, no MSN. It's useless to say it but don't do it, so I'll be counting on my willpower. Although I demonstrated lousy willpower this morning by not being able to click into consciousness and get out of bed by 6, it will be different on Monday!

Anyway yesterday from 11.30-12.30 and 3.30 to 6.30 I went jamming! And any bass players out there like David, please tell me the correct way of plucking, because if I pluck so quickly my arms tend to tense up, and I'll definitely stop to relax the muscles.

Help, anyone?

No comments: