Monday, January 19, 2009

Nonsense!

Eh...yes. I'm still in my own home, that's all that matters for now. I know all these seems rather out-dated due to the fast-moving pace of my life, but I still feel a kind of 'responsibility' towards my readers.

Long story short I'm going to blog about the yester-days. Friday lesson and masterclass were surprisingly smooth, except I nearly got that gag reflex again because of what Mr McLachlan told me to do, to hold down the pedal and create this 'dirty kind of tone'.

It's unfortunate that being allergic to alcohol (a whiff can knock me cold) isn't enough, I'm apparently sensitive also to harsh dissonances. Not that I haven't been creating enough in my improvisations, but harsh dissonances together with muddy pedalling can induce a gag reflex, and subsequently cause me to puke.

I'm not kidding. I might sound like I'm exagerrating but sigh. I'm not. Thankfully I have yet to vomit my guts out yet thanks to the beautiful sounds I have been hearing at the Conservatory and also at RJC. However being the subject of this weird experiment conducted on me during masterclass has left me dazed - much like after scratching the chalkboard or the wall for 2 hours continuously.

Torture.

Lesson before that was spent running through Griffes in preparation for the masterclass, and then of course the 3rd movement of Ravel's Sonatine, unsurprisingly presented slow and steady and (hopefully) organized. T'was a good lesson, and I'll make sure this week's lesson would also be as good.

I know it has already been posted, looks like I was too late. But yes Saturday's concert at the Conservatory by the same man who taught me during masterclass was...was. Due to the state of my mind currently I am unable to give you any of my thoughts or ideas or whatsoever.

After my business was done at RJC I walked over to RI to get to my bus. Met two teachers, both of whom said I had indeed grown thinner. Seems like someone has been starving or something, but no leh. I do eat alot...then again I was lucky [again, lucky bastard] because the second teacher, Miss Alicia Goh, told me that today was Testimonial Collection Day :O. Which I obviously wasn't really in the know about.

Testimonial, I'm proud to say, was stunningly true and clean of bullshit. But my future CEO so needed to know that I was a stagehand during SYF 2005, and that one of my aspirations was edited to being an accompanist. Hur.

1) Teacher
2) Composer
3) Performer
4) Conductor
5) Critic

Ah. The complete musician. The close reflection of Trevor Sze (although I've never seen his critiques or compositions)

Get it? Get it? No "accompanist". You might have as well told me to be a page-turner.

K other than that, I would be performing in Medan next month so I wouldn't be here for a while, and an opportunity to also go to Chethams, Manchester in August. Unfortunately I have concerts and performances in August too (on my birthday) so that means...nope. Chethams would have to wait. My birthday is more important. :)

I have this nagging feeling that I've been mentioning Medan for a thousand times already, but I don't care. It feels good, and anything that feels good is worth over-feeling.

what the hell.