Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Remember when...

A glaring sunset filling my study room with orange and red light, against the green paint. Half an hour later it is gone, the lights go on, and I get ready for the practice that would be happening tonight. But, indeed, an exceptional sunset.

That means getting my stomach filled, blog, check my emails, cleaning the dishes, and then keeping the laundry. All of which are already done except for blogging. I'm proud of myself :) Dinner was essentially breakfast x 2. Breakfast = 2 pancakes +3 eggs (to be scrambled). Ok go multiply that by two, except the number of eggs still remain the same.

6 eggs = dinner + diarrhoea.

Yeah but add a cup of warm milo and some cookies that we both baked...full lah.

Tiring but fun day, the tiring part comes from soccer with RI guys and some of my classmates back in RI. Fun...well improvising for my audition into Piano Ensemble is something that took me lots of courage to do, and I did it :) But I cheated and played a little Griffes, just in case the improvisation turned out shitty. Which I don't think it did...

A dedication article from my classmate Geoffrey in honor of me, thank you very much. Article can be found in RInspire, I don't really seem to know about things that revolve around me. Maybe CNA has played 2000 videos of me jumping around Singapore, and I don't even know about that. But no, I'm sure I wasn't at Obama's inauguration ceremony, so you wouldn't see me standing there.

It was great, 1am back at home, having just showered, settling on my dad's bed to catch the swearing-in live. It's the thrill of it, watching things live, let's say soccer, or any sort-of sports. You know, you get that "oh-so-I-know-what's-happening-currently" feel-good feeling. But this was absolutely different.

I was witnessing with my own eyes a historic moment - America's first black President, first black Commander-in-Chief. But there was a little stress at the back of my brain. Would he be assassinated? Touchwood touchwood.

Like, after saying, "So help me God."

Then everyone applauds, and then suddenly a huge roar, everyone dispersing, the camera shakes vigorously around, panning around (probably for the possibility of capturing the assasin on tape) before zooming back on the downed target. And then the anchor would be like, "President Barack Obama has been shot! President Barack Obama has been shot!" And there would be screaming and crying and lots of Secret Service people surrounding the podium.

(shivers) My gosh, if this ever happens, one of the things you'll would remember would hopefully be this. Or if it ever happens, I'll dig up this post again and put it as my latest post.

See, example of evil bastard, sitting right in front of the computer.

So God help me.

No comments: