Friday, January 2, 2009

sex education in RJC?

Oh so I did blog more in 2008 compared to 2007. 1st day of the 2009 was spent at Professor Tang's house.

We met Professor Tang during the China trip, and now he and my dad are great wine buddies. So they down two bottles of wine, and even my dad can't take a third, but Tang said he wasn't feeling a high yet. Congratulations, my dad has finally met his match.

You obviously knew my dad didn't go behind the wheels, because if he did I wouldn't dare to sit inside the car (not like he has ever done that before). Got back home, showered, slept. No, read Oryx and Crake before sleeping.

Can't imagine myself writing a book review about it. Actually I can, maybe it's the music playing in the background that just fuzzes my mind up.

Went to the Conservatory again, couldn't refrain from smiling like a mad man when I saw the 2-piano room from the bus I was in. Gosh, can't wait for it to start. I like challenges. Met Dr Hecht, and he passed me a 6-can Guiness pack.

Yeah, right, for me to finish.


She stands at a distance while I gingerly pour the pancake flour-water mixture into the frying pan. Soon it forms a neat circle, but I cross my fingers. My pancakes usually develop air holes at the surface. Hers, well there were air holes, but at most they could be counted with just one hand. Or maybe even none.

And then they start appearing, popping up at random. Cue dismal face.

"My dad says women can tahan great amounts of pain," I turned to her and said.

"Of course! Do you know how painful labour can be?"

Vigorous nodding of heads.

"Yeah I know, I know."

"How would you know?"

Laughter all around the cooking area. I flip the pancake round, the side up coloured golden, with an obvious black burn mark - just another screwed pancake to add to the list.

"This one's mine."


Sounds familiar? Yeah, it's a comprehension passage I dug out from the bowels of my fuzzy mind. What does this one refer to in Paragraph 7?


I heard from Paul that RJC is going to spam us with sex education lessons right from the beginning. We could do with chanting the we wouldn't have sex in the toilets mantra for an hour before class starts. Maybe installing black stickers in the toilets and claiming they are CCTV cameras might work.

Or install real ones and the security guards would be spotted drooling in front of rows of black-and-white flickering screens. Ee-yer.

No comments: