Saturday, January 24, 2009

Off

YST Conservatory library, with two Thai seniors talking behind me while I try to type as softly as possible. Which is hardly possible, because you guys probably know about my typing speed and the level of attack I use, and the pedalling depth, and the...

Oh, hold on. Wrong topic.

Two days back on Thursday I attended Jazz workshop, where some unfortunate souls were sabo-ed to improvise (which I desperately failed at because our rhythms turned too complicated) while being watched by (the horrors!) 2 dozen people in pinafores.

Last I heard guys didn't wear pinafores so you people can figure.

You know, this sort of disgust isn't going to do/be any good when I go deep into the RIJC education system. But I don't know, is it just some kind of irrational fear? Yeah.

MRT trip to the Esplanade, Eroica, off.

So anyway I was sobbing when they said 2nd year students had to do harmonic minor and melodic minor scales in contrary motion. When they said we had to do it in 3rds, 6ths, and 10ths, I contemplated hari-kiri.

Melodic minor, seperated by 6ths (we usually do it in octaves), and done in contrary motion, is not a joke. Neither is not coming for class for 2 weeks consecutively and taking my fantasy worksheet with you a joke, ZAD. But I don't hold anything against her, and still wish her a happy Chinese New Year.

Yeah so lesson yesterday started with the G minor scales, which I probably tore apart after having to play its diminished seventh chord in broken scales, chromatic scale in G, and its harmonic and melodic minor modes, its appegios in different inversions. Ja, anything you can think of.

Following that was Ravel Sonatine Third Movement, which was ok, just like any other lesson, inspiring, but braincell-killing.

Waited for her lesson to end, and then all three of us went for a Munchie Monkey dinner, and then a round of pool with Akkra. Out of 3 games we played, I beat Akkra 2-1! The last game was thrown away by me after I knocked the 8-ball in, but we cheated by replacing the black ball with another cue ball so we could continue having fun.

Apparently we could be fined because of that, but we didn't bother anyway.

Going to Johor for the next few days, probably one, but I will be missing people of course, and the only thing I can pour my miseries on would be the manuscript books. Or maybe not.

A chat over teh, and then I'm off.

No comments: