Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Life Adventure

I'm surprised today is Tuesday.

A sudden thought while reading my own blogposts yesterday, that my life's turning out to be an adventure. It sure is. Auditions, band, concerts, compositions, homework, lessons, classes, competitions, festivals. I'm glad now there's someone (more than one of course) looking out for me at every turn, to pull me up when I slip and fall.

I still think I had to, but I wouldn't elaborate. Reaching the end of this sentence makes me think about what Fiona mentioned on my convulated and pseudo-cryptic words.

I admit - I can't concentrate on anything else when there's music around - pop, jazz, classical, funeral, whatever. I've known people who suffer from such a handicap (eg. Ben Low), which means when we do work and listen to music all we think about is:

"Right, C. A minor. F. G."
"No, next one would be an E minor. Just for that kick."
"Aww, shit, it was really an A minor."
"Ok cut here. What? No cut?"

Then we would end up not doing anything at all.

Just like how I feel like not doing anything at all now and watching Batman Begins on Channel 5.

For your eyes only, that I really bought the milk and would be drinking it for dinner/supper WITH biscuits. I had a super super heavy lunch at 3 (with 2 tons worth of vegetable), so I'm really full right now. No worries..!

After Batman Begins, time to read a little poetry and be inspired.

On a sidenote, I scored 6 goals today during a lop-sided soccer match played during PT/PE. Total score was 7-1. Logically speaking, we're the former. And Piano Ensemble took on a new meaning of watching RJ alumni talk about piano performance for 1 and a half hour.

-1 and a half hour later-

"Have I been doodling on?" [In a slow and mundane voice]

On my very ambitious list of composition:
an eight-hand two piano fantasy! (for Child's Play Piano Ensemble Concert 2009)
and another solo piano work for Music-Art collaboration

I need a piano concerto before I reach 20. I must. I have 3 more years left.

I'm surprised tomorrow is Wednesday. Track of time, seriously derailed.

No comments: