Friday, March 20, 2009

"who wants to wake up.."

A rare update because I'm having great fun in the March holidays. Dad's not been around because he's in Shanghai having his second honeymoon. I'm staying at home alone, from now till Sunday after my grandma and aunt left the house yesterday.

Chi Ling and I had dinner for the first time at Cafe Cartel, food was not too bad, but Munchie's will always be closer to our hearts.

I'll skimp details, but the past five months have not been less than glorious.

Good luck to Lydia for her cello exam tomorrow, the piano-cello duo (consisting of Chi Ling and Lydia) came over on Tuesday and Thursday and I heard them play Franck and Debussy respectively. As I have previously mentioned (in real life), $70 for 45 minutes and just pure monitoring is asswipe. Pure monitoring means telling you which bar is out-of-tune, which bar to practise again, and telling you what scales to expect.

Yeah sure, I'll pay you $100 for you to tell me which part of my back's feeling itchy and that "yes, you should scratch this part. And that. And this." Bullshit!

But I had great fun teaching, and it's this tireless passion of seeing students accomplish their goals and feeling great about it that probably drives teachers to continue teaching.

Breakfast was skewed today, but the pancakes I whipped up were generally out of proportion and a little race-biased on my part. And no, they're not usually like that, but I was in a hurry today. Scrambled eggs as per usual, and thick, partially-burnt pancakes on the breakfast table. The couple sits down to eat, while Lydia practises her scales. Just a little pepper on the eggs, please. And pancakes are laden with maple syrup. Mm, delicious.

Ho. A blank mind at this hour is forgivable.

Oh yes! We Intertwine is a FREAKING good song. First song on Fiona's playlist. But the Beatles' influence is overbearingly powerful in the song, with the voice harmonies and call-and-answers. One song I would love to hear on my powerful HiFi set in my room. Song structure is 10/10.

Whatelse. Squeezing stuff out of my brain at the moment. Forget it. Night, babes.