Monday, March 9, 2009

-start of stream of consciousness-

Hey peeps. A quick update from me, because I need to settle down quickly for the night and have a good rest before a new day tomorrow. Which is going to be equally long, but I'm promised that it's much more interesting compared to today.

Sunday was a great day, considering Arsenal's wonderful football and the subsequent comfortable win over Burnley. 3-0, adequate enough. I've recently been zoning out watching Arsenal play football, because the ball goes around aimlessly, but Sunday's game was just the opposite. Great runs, fantastic footwork, and engaging teamwork from both sides, but ultimately my favourites proved to me why they deserved to be my favourites, persevered, and took the game in their stride.

And then came today. Not a really stressful day, but a couple of miscommunications and understandings led to a little fright - some cock-up over my own recital and the Inspire 09 concerts. Ok so Clarence is performing.

Reminders about my upcoming concerts - Primarily Piano and Medan! I nearly forgot about Primarily Piano after I was invited to perform at a recital at the ArtsHouse next week (which I passed because I think I'm too busy for all these). Primarily Piano needs the Ravel Sonatine 3rd Movement while Medan needs all five of the Ettlingen repertoire back.

So here are some of the pieces that I would be performing before March ends.

Ravel Sonatine 3rd movement
Mozart K330 1st movement
Griffes Scherzo
Faure Impromptu in Fminor/major
Chopin Harp Etude
Liszt Sonetto del Petrarch

Gasp! Juries in May.

Beethoven Op 10 No.3
Liszt Mephisto Waltz. Or should I revert back to Valley d' Obermann. I think I should, I haven't gained enough stamina for Mephisto Waltz. But many people will be pushing me to play it.

Other than that Clarence taught me how to play Secret and told me of his many adventures of playing it on an upright piano back in secondary school, and how the girls would coo and sing along.

No thanks, I've had enough of guys doing that back in Secondary school. And playing a piece of music just to see people coo? Hell no, thanks very much. But seriously, thank you for teaching me. It sounded nice though.

Bryan Choong was being an exceptional bastard during lunch today by insulting everyone, and then not remembering that my mum had already expired, started telling me how ugly my mum was. [don't worry, he does that to everyone without even knowing how they look like.] The whole crowd at the table was staring at him with huge eyes and he was greeted with silence, until after a painfully long 10 seconds did he remember last year's events and apologising subsequently.

I couldn't do anything more than look at him in shock, but I don't think I'm the kind who would bother to raise my fork and stab him. Too tired already.

Speaking of which, yes, I need to go gym. I just SAY it, but whether I would execute it is an entirely different manner. After much persuasion I'm eating my meals regularly (gasp) and drinking bucketloads of water. But then I'm obviously lacking in stamina after playing through the first 3 pages of the Mephisto Waltz and PANTING.

But my 2.4 timing seems to have improved. Maybe it's just the thought of a PARTICULAR somebody beating me at 2.4 (or any other girls, as a matter of fact) that adds extra horsepower to my already failing engine.

Since we're at the topic of health and wealth, I might as well talk about the last time I ate homecook food (aside from a bowl of Maggi Mee). That was donkey years back, and it wasn't even at my own house. Thank you to Aunty for making my last homecook food memory so wonderful.

[damn. I really miss homecook food.]

Back to more musical matters in this stream of consciousness....I SHAKED HANDS WITH LEON FLEISHER. Couldn't be bothered to wash my hand after that, it's so precious. If we play the hand-shaking game again, I know Mr. Fleisher shook hands with Schnabel, who in turn shook hands with whatshisnameLeschtisvky. Who in turn with CZERNY himself. And of course, BEETHOVEN KISSED CZERNY on the forehead. Hopefully Czerny rubbed his hands on his forehead so he got some of the Beethoven DNA and passed it on.

-end of stream of consciousness-

No comments: