Monday, April 16, 2007

Hand-Foot Disease from too much Piano

What the heck? I thought I posted yesterday. Ok I will try to post everyday. Can't believe I was sure I posted yesterday.

Right I'm going wait till the morning to watch my once-favourite anime and the only one - Inuyasha! Haven't been watching for quite a few years thanks to some person...duh my Mum.

But anyway I've got bacteria growing on my thumbnails (no not the computer one, my real thumbs) and two warts on my right foot. Sounds disgusting? Duh it is, and it hurts like hell.

My index finger and my thumbs on both hands are almost black, those nails, and under the nails there seem to be some growth (black) which can't be cleaned off. I suspect they are from playing too much ivory keys.

Guess what. The big wart on my right foot was caused by my own piano pedal. Doctor says it some kind of bacterial growth because of dirt entering it. Right if you come to my house you can see the circular patch just a actual foot away from the pedal itself on the granite floor, and you know where there's liquid absorbed into the granite floor, there will be this dark portion.

Obviously the circular patch would be the sweat, tons of tons of sweat from my heel to the floor. I can safely say that all the time that I placed on that spot since the day the piano can go up to about 2 weeks.

24 hours and 14 = 336 hours spent on the same spot at the pedal.

Quite frightening but its true, because I basically put my foot on the pedal most of the time, but of course not when I'm doing some slow tapping or practising or anything.

No I still can't believe it.

I thought I posted!

Shucks.

I mean yesterday duh. Rehearsals are still freaking fun. Beats me, but I rather go to rehearsal than...than...

Than.

Ok which basically means rehearsal is fun! With Matthew's constant bow-pressing-down-my-spine acts and Kaicheng's freaking cool body actions and so many other cool stuff, including the car-cello-playing act, where I go on the 'bike' and he plays - what the hell, engine sounds from the cello, and it sounds freaking real and looks freaking real too when we coordinate damn well.

Same as the bow thing we did today. ;)

Band came back with Gold.

Raffles Institution String Ensemble, let's go back with Gold with Honours.

Yiyang's timetable for SYF day: 6am assemble, 6.30am Stage Crew comes, adjust the stands, play half-an-hour, max 45 minutes, then wait for 1 hour, leave the LT at 7.30am, reach Singapore Conference Hall at 8.30am, tuning at...

Matthews's Timetable for SYF day: Go to Singapore Conference Hall, Smack the rest, get the Gold with Honours, and go home.


That's Matthew for you and me and the entire human race.

No comments: