Tuesday, April 10, 2007

omg I'm seriously trying to write a proper post for my assignment. And it's like very hard because it's not my normal voice. Let's try to do another though.

Wait. Mind block. After stoning in front of the computer for 2 minutes and thinking deeply, I can't think of anything to talk about. Right. Maybe here's one. Heard about the capture of the British sailors by Iran?

My dad once again predicted that the British soldiers did not cross into Iranian lines and they were actually kidnapped. I doubted him lots; I don't read between the lines, I just read the lines and accept it. However, my dad seems to like, maybe knowing lots about politics figured out that they couldn't have ventured across. And he was right. After the soldiers were released they stated that they were forced into confessing that "they went across into the Iranian boundaries".

The soldiers said that they were forced by gunpoint and made to admit; otherwise they face seven years in jail. Iranian jail. Terrible man...of course anyone faced with that kind of situation would just "admit". So that they did.

Why you ask the Iranians did that then? President of Iran stated that it was a 'present to the British to release the soldiers back to them.' Sign of goodwill? Fat chance. It's stupid if you were to capture and then release the soldiers and say it was a gift.

But anyway I think it's really kind of mocking the British. And you don't really have to read hard and analyse; the situation is of a mocking-like feel.

Another theory may be that the British purposely sent them there; my dad commented that it was possible America told British to sacrifice a few soldiers (come on, to the government death are just numbers. One death is a tragedy, and a few are numbers) so that they (America) had an excuse to attack Iran.

Moreover, the British sailors were later realized to have been carrying suspiciously few weapons - too few to defend themselves from lets say even the small pirates.

So what can we say? As students of Singapore I suggest the best course of action we can do now is to continue getting updated about such stuff. I think maybe 50 years down the road we can start piecing up the information; that 911 was a set-up by the American government to demolish a 30-year-old building that they can't find any other way to...




RIght. I'm never going to play soccer in my long pants. I dirtied it, and I felt so guilty that I washed it myself and scrubbed it in the bathroom while I was showering. So I was scrubbing the black stuff away but it never came out.

My mum resolved to use this ultra powerful detergent - shan't tell you the name else you all buy and I don't have no detergent left for myself.

:)

No comments: