Sunday, May 6, 2007

An Essay on Flaming

TUESDAY 15/05/2007

sorry guys im using this post as an "edit" because I can't post any new posts. Thanks to Blogger. These few days within a week me and my team have been busy creating a parody of ROmeo and Juliet. Andrew's brother Matthew gave 8/10 or more while LitRA says plot is a little thin. I'm looking forward to being given the thumbs-up by Miss Chew before I add additional things such as plot thickening and more careful studying of the play and reviewing it over again.

My next step would be adding music to it, and I've already thought of a melody for the front, but before that we must clear up the scripts for any theatrical errors.










Hello everyone I'm back for a post again.

This time its on...

ONLINE FLAMING!

I've seriously never been flamed before although I kind of have this inclination that girls usually are the ones who are flaming. Ok guys do flame too. Let me give you an example. (finding)

Ok I attempted to search ShiDe's post for any flaming. Unfortunately I didn't. AH! I know a good blog. Like I just thought of it. Here it is.

A brilliant example of a flaming poem:
Some people just need to learn how to shut up and stay still.
Some people need to stop acting gay for a thrill.
Some people shouldn't act gangster for attention.
Some people shouldn't scold people with good intentions.
Some people should stop using the f words as full stops, and learn punctuation.
Some people just have some stupid delinquent fixation.
Some people are just too overdependent.
Some people think they're so bloody independent.
Some people are way too manipulative.
Some people are extraordinarily hyperactive.
Some people come to school to copy homework (and wheres the "home" in that?)
Some people think they're hot, but are actually damn fat.
Some people want to be rock stars, but are failing at everything else.
Some people love digging their graves by themself.
Some people walk around with their shirts tucked out to look cool.
Some people like that should just drop out of school.
And go and sit in a puddle, Or curl up and die.
I'm not gonna to miss you, I'm not gonna cry.

Btw the bit where I said I have never been flamed is true, though its hard to believe, because I'm in good terms with everyone, but of course you can't flame your mum. (can you?) So she's not counted. :)

And I'm not targeting anyone (no sarcasm, seriously.) In RI I would most likely go, "Oh oh, I'm targeting ALOT OF PEOPLE!!! BE scared..!" But here I wouldn't because my audience are genera! Thank you thank you.


I'm trying to keep this post as upbeat as possible, but I hope that you readers would really understand how it's like to be flamed. I mean firstly you don't feel good, really. There's this feeling that someone hates you, and you can't live comfortably with your life. You just got to apologise or flame that person back. No one likes such a feeling. Even a crazy person like me doesn't, although I do the weirdest things such as feeling a sense of triumph after loosening the shoelaces of the man (not telling who) who sits behind me, seeing his face of shock, defeat, amusement, crap all in one. :) I mean I don't mean to do that, Shide, but...oops!

I'm talking from a point of view of the person getting flamed, but for me I've never experienced flaming before, and that doesn't mean I just gave you the green light to burn my tagboard.

Here's are some major excerpts from the news article:

"Fifteen years ago, things were straightforward.
Angry? Write in your diary.
Wronged? Make copies of a poison-pen letter for your classmates.
Horny? Try for a dodgy tryst in Geylang."

"Teachers, classmates, parents - anyone that upsets them - they are all fair targets.
Angry? Name, shame, and "flame" your enemies on your blog.
Wronged? Take revenge by circulating incrimnatiing pictures of your nemesis.
Horny? Show off your naked body to anyone who will watch - get it voted on, even."

Oh shit. So, parents are counted too? (turns head to stare at mum watching intently at show)Should stop online flaming my mum. Should go literal flaming now. Ok but from today onwards I will stop flaming the dictator. No I'll stop flaming my mum.

But in any case, I shall continue to post some excerpts:

"Their tactics are worthy of tuerilla warfare. THey use fake identites; they strike anytime, anywhere; they also execute "instant and limitless dissemination of words and images", their digital tools and cyberplayform an easy means of exacting revenge. That kind of access spells power - an absolute kind. And we all know what they say about absolute power. Teens in the Canadian study said that after bullying someone, they experienced regret or ambivalence. But quite eerily, they also said it made them feel 'positive and powerful'

Perhaps popular too. "

Ok these short excerpts were taken from an article in the Straits Times on 06/05 Sunday.

If you have any queries you can seriously email the writer on sereneg@sph.com.sg


So, after all the talking, I've decided that everyone should eat apples for lunch at 2?

No. I'm just saying let's all stop flaming each other. Decided through the course of writing this essay that not only girls flame, but guys too. But seems to me that girls' flaming seem more horrible. I'm a chauvinistic pig.

But I hope there are replies from both genders about this post of flaming, and for girls can anyone of you comment on why I think you'll flame more horribly? Guys are more vulgar though. I've seen a girl flamed till I needed to repair my computer, no thanks to the heat generated. (prolonged usage or burns?)

There were the words, "bitches" "hag" "shit" "lard" blah anything you can find in the world.

Let's sidetrack. Imagine my grandma flaming. Impossible. Seems to me that the youths in the world have used the Internet as their battleground.

But in any case please do comment.

No comments: