Saturday, May 19, 2007

Women

My mum just bought a new phone. Panasonic, I see.

A wireless cordless phone that costs $300. I wonder what technology will bring next! Hmmm...Wireless Computer? We already have that. It's called the laptop.

So my mum is now busy calling EVERYONE to tell them about the new phone. My aunts in fact.

Talking about my aunts. :) They're a nice lot. Let's picture this. Imagine 5 women standing together. We call them 2nd aunt, 3rd aunt, 5th aunt and blah.

So five women. Ji-yi, Sa-yi, Xi-yi (That's my mum), Gor-yi, Beh-yi (youngest aunt?)

All the prefixes are actually numbers in Hokkien, I left out the first (Dua-yi, meaning big aunt) because she doesn't frequent with the other aunts.

And the 3rd aunt usually stays with my grandmother, and both of them have super strong personalities. They always say not to have two tigers in one house. Which is very true, after a kitchen fight during the Chinese New Year in vacation this year.

:)

So anyway recently I went shopping with four of them, the four being my mum, third aunt, fifth aunt and sixth aunt. And gosh, you would have loved it.

Let me help you picture this, as I always do best.

I shall translate all into English for the benefit of my readers, although its a huge mixture of CHinese, Hokkien, and very little English.


(And so I arrive with my mum at Parco Bugis outside the foodcourt. I never talked throughout, just followed. Regretted it though ;) )

"Eh? We wait for so long now then you come."

"Ya loh. WHere do we go now?"

"I haven't eat yet, let's go eat lah!"

"DOn't want lah, we are going to look at Chinese teacups right?" (the aunty kind)

"Aiyah, might as well go eat. Let's go."

(After 10 minutes, and walking three rounds around those small shops, never once entering food court.)

"Let's go in now."

(wth? So we stepped in, and another problem ensued. We took about 5 minutes to look for a seat, a couple of raised arms to show the spot, and a couple of head shaking, and pointing to another spot. Finally we settled on one spot.)

"WHat do you want to eat?"

"Fried rice lorh."

"Don't want lah! So oily. U want to die ah?"

(I said I never talked once throughout, just followed)

"ok then the chicken rice leh?"

Blahblah.

(After sitting on the same spot for 15 minutes. THe aunties break groups and start finding for food. I sit at the table and help them jaga.)


But anyway what I'm trying to show here is how indecisive women can get. For one moment, they really wanna do it. Then in the next moment, poof, they take a large U-turn and make those around them suffer. I'm saying this only from looking at the behavior of my mum and my aunts.

After all, they are a nice bunch of people. And I still have my blog article to do. Crap. Wait. Isn't the flaming one considered as one? I shall remodel it later. :)

No comments: