Saturday, February 16, 2008

always look on the relaxed and forgetful part of life...

I'm pretty sure someone had hynotised me. And they should have awarded me a phD for most number of items lost in a day. Just yesterday I was in the Conservatory for theory lessons when I went to practise so afterwards.

After 3 hours of practice and a 1 hour recital by Hannah and a few chocolates provided by Hannah, I was off to head home from NUS. So I went across the road to catch bus 96 (I missed the first one because I was eating Pocky and thinking I was definitely waiting for bus 76). Well after 5 seconds of wondering I made up my mind that bus 96 was flying off to Clementi MRT and not the non-existent 76, I took off from my seat and took just one small step towards the bus.

Well, there's a twist to every story; the bus driver moved off!

So I figured I was going to wait for say, 20 minutes.

I was wrong - the next bus 76 was there in a mere 20 seconds. The nice thing about it was that it reached Clementi MRT faster than the one I missed previously. Heehee.

Anyway I believe you all had this gut feeling that 'something' is missing from your bag but you can't think of what it is. And sometimes they are the most obvious things. I realised I was missing two things. One was on the MRT, and the other was today. This morning!

I forgot to bring out with me a file which contained all my theory work (thankfully I've retrieved it back because Qin Ying passed it to Tarin, who would subsequently pass it to me tomorrow). And the thing I realised I had forgotten to take out from the practice room was the PENCILBOX.










PENCILBOX!!!

Yeah I didn't get into big shit but that's one life lesson learnt -

Always bring two pencilboxes and two files!


In any case my pop music idols are the Beatles, and I think I've found my literary idols! Well they are Monty Python (a group), and I bet some of you readers have never heard of them. Well they're from the 1960s, *groans from the public* and yes they're witty and clever! Your idols have to be smart somehow anyway.

I watched a couple of their sketches and skits, and also some of their movies! Two of which I shall put here for all you guys to watch and laugh.






Song for today was 'Always look on the Bright Side of Life!'

Which was interesting how I used it to deal with my seething mad mood during Mathematics Tuition. Tomorrow we're going to sit for a Math test, and we were going to be tested on Circular Measure and Probability! So there was this RI guy who was also in the class, sitting beside me.

I started on Question 1 at home, and started doing Question 2. He started from another worksheet, and in half-an-hour's time switched to my paper from Question 1. My Mathematical Orang-Utan mind was no match for his, and very soon he was on par with me! (At Question 6)

In any case I resolved to beat him by finishing Question 6 faster than him by 7pm, but failed to do so because my watch was 10 minutes early. He was mumbling a thousand numerics out of his mouth, and I hardly could concentrate! Some mantra he had there...

"sinetwopointzeroeighttimeshmm...timescosineninepointfourfourthreeseventwo.hmmmmshithowtodothisineedtogotothetoiletandshit dividedbytwotimesfourteencosinesixty hambugerturkeychickencrapwithcheeseandfrenchfriesbaboonflyflytwentypointeight"

Anyway so I decided to breathe in and breathe out and count to ten. Something you guys must actually try and concentrate when you'll are pissed! And then I started to sing "Always look on the Bright Side of Life", which calmed and relaxed me. And so I gave up trying to beat him, but in the end he left early at seven. I realised I should try doing things at my own pace.

Well, it may sound crappy, but after all one should take concentrate and do things naturally so he can do it at his best! Just like before any performance, I breathe in and breathe out, and run through all the details, and be responsible for my performance!

Maybe they should give me a phD for relaxation also...

No comments: