Sunday, July 20, 2008

Performances on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday

I haven't blogged much in the month of July for a good reason.

It's because of the many things that I can look forward to other than blogging! Yesterday I went busking at Vivocity (with a license) along with Ben Wee, Zhiyi, and Haotian. Alright so we were a quartet who had only 2 pieces on our repertoire - Mozart's Eine Kleine Nachtmusik 1st movt, and the Tango from the Scent of a Woman.

So our guide for yesterday was this Malay Sec 1 guy from Whitley Secondary School called Ricky, who brought us around to our performance venues.

Our first performance had stands, because I was smart enough to liase with Bishan Park Secondary School band for 4 stands, to which I was hailed as "great" and "fantastic" and "lord". No, the last one doesn't count.

Marched in with the four stands a-blazing, and started with the Tango. Initially we argued that the Tango sounded nicer and wouldn't chase the parents and shoppers away, so we decided to play the Tango first. And then they could suffer with the Eine Kleine.

It was ok, although there was lots of wind blowing into our scores, which rendered us helpless when the 2nd page of Tango flew into the sky or the 1st page of Eine Kleine got stuck into our faces.

Wasn't that bad, but it nearly did.

On hind note we snubbed the prize presentation at the end without intention. We were too busy. I'm serious! We left our guide shell-shocked, although we did give him Miss Shen's hp number. Shit. We shouldn't have.

Tomorrow I'll be having a performance with the Sec 2 boys playing Schumann. And I'll be playing a Faure Impromptu solo. This event is called: National MOE MEP Concert.

Where will it be? Anglo-Chinese School (Independant)
What time will it be? 7.30pm
Who is it for? Since it's the matinee performance, it's for kids aged P5.
Does life suck? No.

On Tuesday, there will be the 'actual' performance, which means it's open to non-kids. Young-at-heart people will definitely be allowed to watch it though. So everyone, cash in ON THIS ONE! Watch the tuesday one if YOU DON'T WANT TO BE WITH KIDS!

Tomorrow I'll be wearing ear plugs and carrying a toy handgun to intimidate small kids should anyone question whether I'm carring a bazooka in the silver casing. I shall scream yes and then take out the bazooka and play it on stage.

Achtung! Might kill you.

On Wednesday, I would be having a lunchtime recital at RI, where I will be performing my competition pieces. So RI guys who are reading this, do come down on Wednesday 1.35 to support me at the Gallery...or intimidate me also.

I know I'm jumping around many topics, but just saying, I've watched the Dark Knight.

It was great.

Especially the part where...spoilers coming next week.

Referring to my title, I lurve performing.

No comments: