Wednesday, July 2, 2008

These Weeks

Utterly killing me, these weeks.

Next week would be the Singapore Piano Institute held at YST, where I will be taking classes with Mr. Gabriel Kwok from HongKong. And then I'll be involved in a final project, (with the imbalanced Zhang Aidi, who has been a really tough contemporary [which is really great!]) titled "Fantasies and Impromptus".

I'll be going for Christopher Taylor's Concert on Saturday, where he will be playing Rzewski's The People United Will Never Be Defeated!. And a pre-concert talk by Dr John Sharpley about this piece.

I currently have a ticket to sell for this concert, and anyone interested in getting this ticket and watching this concert, please buy it from me! It's $45.

Then after that I'll be preparing to go to Germany - I still have one more piece not yet HEARD. Liszt's Sonnetto del Petrarch - the second one.

And then I have to prepare a masterclass with Mr Tiu on Tuesday.

An interview with famous Asian/Singaporean composer Mr. Richard Lee, otherwise known as Mr. Dick Lee (Yes, an interview with Mr Dick Lee) on Wednesday.

Then following that a Mozart performance on Thursday.

And on Saturday a performance at the Concert Hall, playing Griffes.

And finally, a poster of this Summer Piano Institute - my promise to put pictures has been fulfilled.



There.

I reckoned talking about Dr Vivian Balakrishnan visiting our school today and giving an amazing lecture would take up lots of my time, so I'll not put in here. Maybe after next week.

No comments: