Monday, September 29, 2008

Onwards!

Here I am, half an hour before Studio Class in the Keyboard Lab watching Tarin and Clarence practise together. I've been at the Conservatory since 10am, started out at the library and then to lunch, and then finally to practise. I swear I didn't do any composition today, simply because I didn't feel like and that I was mugging at the same time.

Believe it or not, I have started mugging physics. Amazing - something that is really unheard of me. Ok right in front of me now we have two amazing pianists practising in front of me Rachmaninov's 2nd Piano Concerto.

Let's not talk about music for the time being. It has started boring out my readers. Let's talk about my visit to Bukit Panjang Plaza.

I figured out that some salespeople have started using those metal bells to get customers attention already. But I realised the pitch of those metal bells were B-flat (specifically those bells that I heard) and then I found out, quite some years ago, that G-sharp was the best frequecy to be comfortable with because it vibrates at nearly the same frequency as the liquid in our inner ears, which makes it feel pleasing. Something for the salesmen to think about - to get customers by tinkling these G-sharp bells.

Ok, I already said, nothing about music please.

Anyway on my way out of BP I saw this 2 year toddler sitting in a pram, with his legs placed exactly the Ah-beng way, one leg in the pram, and the other relaxed, feet placed near the ground. Which really made me start thinking - one more Ah-Beng in our society. Lol. Which is really kinda stupid.

Ok to be honest I'm super uncomfortable with MacBook, because of its sharp edges that make my wrist hurt. Really un-ergonomic. Sucks. No wonder I always stick to Microsoft.

The sound of Rachmaninov run thicks and thin in my ears and goes through my blood and veins and my arteries, only to strike pangs of agony and pleasure in my heart. It is powerful. Everlasting.

If only I could write music like that. I will someday. Someday I'll look back at this blogpost, and see that I've succeeded.

Get a collection, a portfolio of works, and show them to a teacher. I'm teaching myself along the way, experimenting. I'm currently into Prokofiev.

Ok thinking about end of this year, I honestly think I'll miss all my friends in RI. But let us look forward to the future. Onwards!

No comments: