Monday, September 22, 2008

What a week.

Such a loser at blogging, after not posting for a week and leaving my readers bitterly disappointed. Ok here were the day's events.

The day started at 5pm on Saturday, where we were supposed to meet at Little India. Liyoung, Kakiong, Zhongren were there to greet me cos I was the last to arrive (came from my cousin's house at Serangoon after spending time with Finale). Our objective? To buy props for the up-coming Literature play that would be on Tuesday.

Pardon my English if you do spot any grammar mistakes, because I've not slept a wink for approximately 22 hours.

Ok here is the prop list:

Watches
Hourglasses
Calender
Fake Arm
Fake Blood
.
.
.
.

Just realised there are other groups reading. But heck. Well we managed to get 4 of the items we needed from Little India, then after that we went to Dhoby Ghaut to buy some cloth from Spotlight, and some more prop materials.

We only need one item now, and that is Fake Blood. Any ideas?

We headed for Dhoby Ghaut station and we met up with Clinton, and 5/7 of the group was finally together. Headed off for Serangoon, where we were going to meet up with Shide (6/7 of the group) at his house. Reached his house at around 8pm and started work.

We did a reading of the script, then KFC delivery came and we ate for half an hour, locked some people in the basement, switched off the lights and had a huge laugh all about. Oh, in case I forget to type it here, Shide's house is a gazillion storeys high. Well, what do you expect, a Shide-ish house for someone like Shide. huge.

After the dinner, we went up to his room and rehearsed from 9-12am, and then we were planning on how to leave. Unfortunately taxis were at their peak hour, and MRTs and buses were all like, gone?

So everyone decided we should stay over, and decided to play with the Wii for probably an hour before sleeping. Which didn't really happened because everyone spammed the Wii for an hour and a half, and someone then discovered that Shide actually had Grand Theft Auto IV, which was based super-heavily on New York City.


Ok here are the facts: GTA IV has a rating of 10/10 from almost every game magazine, and it is wholly reserved, because we got a freaking shock at the graphics and how freaking realistic everything was. Sparkling waters, wispy clouds, things that actually immediately move when we hit them.

Anyway memorable moments included the part where Zhongren revved the helicopter all the way over Brooklin Bridge and landed on one of the suspension columns, before disembarking. He then proceeds to fire at everything below him, flinging grenades, firing bazookas, and continuously sniping.

It's really addictive, and no one got a sleep that night, but all memorised our scripts anyway :)

But it was so inspiring that Clinton Zhongren and I, on our way back home, had to imitate a bank-robbery escape. Imagine three people in the drizzle running, shoes pounding hard on the cold pavements, and shouting, "How much have you got there?!"

"Seven...seven hundred!" "Great, I've six fifty here, let's find a place to divide them later!"

Ok whatever we looked like a bunch of madmen. I think we were.

THe rest of the week? Well basically Thursday was the day I allocated to finish up my Bach Chorale Modified, which means no more dragging. I finished 1/6 of it that day, so I decided to spend the whole of Friday doing it, and I finally finished the whole thing at around 2.30am in the morning.

My diet's really terrible I realised.

Mcdonalds, instant noodles, KFC. Everything needs to be fast, to be quick, to be handed it on time. No delays, quick quick quick and more quick.

I'm thinking whether I should join the singing contest for my church. Actually maybe no, because I've NO TIME.

Ok now, on to engraving.

Will post my entire Bach Chorale Modified here tomorrow or some other day.

Love you girls.

No comments: