Monday, September 15, 2008

This Week in this post

Instead of talking about EOYs, I will be talking about some assignments (really fun ones) I have for this week.

1) Dr Edwards's Bach Chorale MODIFIED: Ok what we're supposed to do here is we are given a Bach Chorale written on piano. And we're writing it for 4 violins, 1 cello, and 1 piano!

We're allowed to change the rhythm, the register, the note value, the articulation, the dynamics and anything but the pitch.

Great. (something evil up my mind)


2) No other assignments except I've been creating them my own. Well of course ever on-going is my work on a piano concerto in a late Romantic form. Hopefully by the time I finish JC 1 I'm done with it. And it would by then have been revised over and over.

3) Yesterday in the shower I thought how easy it would be to write a string quartet but then I decided to put it in the recesses of my mind because I got too many things.

4) BUT IT'll be much easier to write a violin sonata why not? Because I have no good lack of melodies in my head and with thematic organization, NP!

And then now EOYs.

I'll be honest with all of you.

Ever since I started working on moles in Chemistry, I've never understood a SINGLE THING AFTER THAT. I've never understood anything at all after we started moles. I've been lost in oblivion.

Just like, poof, ok now I'm at a blank. So everytime I'm at Chemistry lesson I would just sit at my chair and look at what's happening around me - all the symbols and shit passing by while everyone seems to be getting it and writing it all down.

Don't blame me for not studying - no matter how many times I've studied it's all hopeless. In Secondary 3 everytime I mugged Chemistry I just can't link anything together.

It's this, you know...

like...indescribable phenomenom.

I know I can study Mathematics, but yes, that I'm too plain lazy. But I'll study them (luckily) during the break before the EOYs.

I think everyone takes it too heavily. Like, "EOYs EOYs".

To which all my classmates will say, "Johnny you piece of s---" Haha, love you guys.

Ok anyway I really have to talk about the day that we had a winning streak. Or at least I had a winning streak. It all started when we were having an English lesson after school ended.

And I was supposed to present my English Oral Defence, together with Bryan Choong and Benjamin Low. (who were coincedentally my RE group in my class - Hongrui was in another). Maybe we were too busy hm. Anyway yeah, in the Oral Defence you're supposed to defend the Raffles Programme and how good it is.

The thing was, I haven't done anything on the Powerpoint at all, I've not started, not put any thoughts to it. All I had was my thumbdrive.

So I was like, "Ok Mdm, I need to set up first. " Alright, so I get to "set up" but apparently I took too long, so she decided to get out of the class for a while to go show her face in some Literature seminar.

And that was when I started doing my presentation. As in like, seriously doing it, creating new slides blah blah blah. Ok not something to be proud of but the problem was that there was no problem! Which really reminds me of a song I would like to put here to thank all my friends who were there along the long long way of ten minutes.



Thank you guys! I managed to complete the whole thing and with the thumbdrive I got the pictures!

The thing was, it was a successful presentation if you were asking.

Second one of the same day was the Dick Lee Biography Presentation/ Trailer that we did the day before until around 8.30pm.

Ms Chew kept asking questions and we all defended them really well, plus she went on with our RE project, the one on the National Day song.

And the last item of the day was Nigel, Joseph and me. We decided to walk in for Rafflesian Spotlight, which we did at around 4.30pm. Our little act was to let the audience select any body of text, and we would sing it.

And we did. Harmonized so perfectly, Nigel's melody was great, and Joseph's guitar instincts were at their best. Judges laughed till they literally hit the ground. "Other groups spend so many years trying to harmonize, but you guys...you guys just did it perfectly in less than, what?"

Well, we've got the class to thank!

Oh and before I go, I have to announce a Primarily Piano concert I'll be performing in tomorrow at 7.30 at YST Concert Hall! I'll be playing the Griffes Scherzo so do come down and support me if you guys want to.

No comments: