Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Now...

It has come to pass that I am fated to spend the Countdown alone! What a terrifying thought. Yes Surya, as in, alone alone. My dad went to a countdown party at some Serangoon Club. I refused to add to the bill or take a taxi, so I'm at home vacuuming the floor and watching Discovery Channel.

Had a bowl of congee for dinner at Bukit Panjang, I think I looked a little sad.

It was great that we managed to cook some pancakes this morning, didn't know it could be that simple. Better go and get some of the ready-made flour myself. Maple syrup, peanut butter. Honey? Urgh. Finished the chords for ‘?’, look through photos I took in China.

I plan to sleep the coming New Year away by pulling out that sofa-bed in the living room and listening to the Carpenters. My FIFA 09 skills have also improved, which is a cause for some cheer. Last room to vacuum, and that would be the study room.

Maybe I'll do a short walk down memory lane.

Rewind back to a few hours before 2000, and everyone was being stupidly panic-ky about the Y2000 bug, which never happened in the end. I remembered we were at Westmall doing shopping at around 9 (which was unusual because I should be practising from 8-10), and we were outside the Popular store. And my mum threatened me (sort of) that everyone would die. Woohoo, I was freaked out.

I stayed up till 12am to watch the countdown, and for the first time thought I had never seen the sky so dark before. You know, it's interesting when you're a kid, and the first time you woke up at 7am and saw the colour of sky, you go all googoogahgah.

Wait till you've stayed up for 24 hours, and you might have gone googoogahzzz...

At least that's what happened to me, lah.

Have I ever mentioned that 2008 has been such a topsy-turvy year? If you asked me to describe this year, I wouldn't even know where to begin. Exactly 1 year at this time I was invited to a count-down party at Trevor Sze's house, along with John Yu and some other String Ensemble guys. Sipped just a bit of the alcohol, and I was close to shutting down, couldn't even locate Lavender MRT. Got back home at 11.45pm, just in time to watch the countdown.

Now...[refer back to first paragraph and keep reading]

Happy New Year 2009, in advance.

No comments: