Sunday, November 11, 2007

each of them

look who's here look who's here!

Over the past few days since the start of Novemeber I've only posted 3 times. That's nothing comparable to October's.

Anyway I've had my lesson on Griffes and I'll be performing it on Wednesday during studio class!

I'm looking forward to it although I still have lots to work on it, especially my voicing. Currently, I'm doing three pieces at the same time (Griffes, Debussy's Etude, and one of Bach's fugues) This evening I spent 1 hour trying to figure one page of fingering for Bach. Have to work on both hands seperately to correct the voicing and the like.

Yesterday I borrowed four books, each of them great in their own way. The first book, a piano technique book, is titled Famous Pianists and Their Technique by Reginald R. Gerig. It's entirely on technique - wrist, arm, finger, shoulder positioning, relaxation, and the people who give their insights would be people like CPE Bach, Mozart, Hummel, Beethoven, Chopin, Lizst, Couperin, Debussy, Rubenstein. So there you have it, a book entirely on technique.

So far I've a hundred pages on it - 1/5 of the book.

Another book I borrowed was on The Inner Game of Music, talking about how to improve performance and the like. And the other two? 2 volumes of analysis on Beatles music.

There you have it!

No comments: