Wednesday, November 21, 2007

ride from my house

Let me start out from yesterday's events.

I went for dinner with Mdm Fang, my mum, Aidi's mum, and Aidi at Orchard Road, where we went to Crystal Jade Restaurant. (pardon my spelling) And we had some really good Chinese food there, like (I'm not joking Fiona) hot friend prawn coated with egg yolk. Gosh I just realized that you hate both food and they actually combined it :X LOL.

Ok this is turning into a conversation with myself. Ahem.

Back on topic, there was also dumplings, and there was one which was filled with soup and you were supposed to burst it in your mouth and savour the soup. But I didn't know that for the first dumpling and I placed it my mouth, and when I popped it, the soup was damned hot.

So you could imagine, trying to shift the soup around in my mouth because it was burning -.- and I simply couldn't swallow the dumpling because it was so hot. That counts as stupid.

The second one was better. Because I was prepared, and before I placed it in my mouth I popped it. And all the soup came out onto the plate. Sounds like blisters to me (urgh)

We chit-chat and ate for 2 hours, from 7-9pm. When we left, Mdm Fang went on her way and the 4 of us were left. Aidi's mum suggested shopping, so my mum actually followed. But anyway we took the MRT to Choa Chu Kang, and there was this time when the train actually stopped in the middle of no where.

I asked Aidi how occasional does the stopping train occur, and she told me 1 in 20 rides.

Then there was this voice which said, "The train has stopped due to a track fault."

But I'm kind of surprised it happened to my train, and especially since I took the train very rarely, I guess somewhere something was finding for me, and it found my train, and it said "There you are. Now the train you're in will stop."

Got back safely at about 10.30 though.

But things weren't going to get any better. The next morning I woke up at 7am for my VCH rehearsal with RISE and RV, and lugged my cello with me (and my mum) to the MRT. The LRT (Light Rail Transit) ride from my house to Choa Chu Kang was ok, with the squeezing and everything. My first taste of morning jam.

Now you should see, the problem is this - recently the government has went on blitzkrieg and activated tons of ERP (Electronic Road Pricing) gantries all around Singapore, especially heading towards the CBD (Central Business District). This has I supposed, caused a distinctinvely fewer amount of cars hitting the roads, and thus less jam. (Fewer people are able to afford the ERP pricing, and for rich people who view my blog, 50 cents is quite alot. Add $1.50, and $2, and that's my lunch money gone)

But where do all the workers go instead of their cars? They take public transport. Which means more people taking public transport. Considering the congestions in the trains before, now with all these people not hitting the road anymore (I'm one of them), you can imagine the jam.

Now put my cello into the picture. It wasn't really much a problem though, but with all the people staring at my cello case, I thought it could have just turned red hot and explode. Anyway, I would like to first mutter a few curses to the Government for this, but afterall I'm ready to squeeze in with the morning crowd if it means cleaner air for the Earth.

Personally I don't see any other solutions to this morning crowd problem, but I have to admit it's very vulnerable to terrorists. Talking about terrorists, the securities had to check my cello case at Raffles Place this afternoon, and they opened the cello case up to check the contents.

Did I have to play it to confirm that I was a musician?

No comments: