Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Chi-ca-bang-bang, chi-ca-bang-bang

Open the door, rush to the toilet, pee, sigh.
Switch on the computer, read the emails coming through, sigh.
Think about some compositions and projects, sigh.
Realize my house has been intruded by my dad's 'girlfriend' and her daughter, scream.

I feel good and comfortable with my OG, and the organization by the J2s has been great thus far, really appreciate their effort put in. The only part that I never really enjoyed was the dance part. I can't dance for nuts, but I swear I can do waltz :) Really! Not kidding.

So I got back home (after Sin Teck fetched me back, thanks lots), looked at what's on top of the printer, and then start laughing. Not a genuine laughter, like some laughter that has sorta sealed my fate.

A floorplan of their house in Shanghai. Great, Jonathan Shin you're so damn soon going to be alone so you better start cleaning up on your cooking and your house management. Ok maybe not but I'm expecting myself to be carrying up almost all of the burdens soon enough. No more dad-fetching-you-to-school-in-the-morning assumptions, then again no more waking up to Dad calling you a cheebye because you cooked breakfast too early when he assumed you had no school today. :)

It's like, ok miscommunication, but isn't it not surprising that even if he heard wrongly it would still be my fault? Because he's the sole breadwinner and money-earner of the family. It's this alpha-male thing, and when clashes come, there's only one winner. Think harder, and maybe you could see through it.

Ok but nothing held against him, it's only normal (seriously, I'm not being sarcastic, it's just the way things work).

New ideas for composition coming along during the OG race around Singapore, I'm planning to continue on Sonatina. Much confident now after hearing a breath of fresh Prokofiev on Monday's studio class. Again I'm in doubt on whether it's possible to do composition without a composition teacher. Maybe it is, but then there definitely would be more things that one would try to confirm with, let's say, yeap, should I use this motive again? Will it sound fresh?

So damn mentally and physically tired yesterday.

After studio class (which ended at 9.15pm) I managed to catch a ride from ZAD's dad, reaching home at around 9.45pm. Same old shit haunting me, returning to an empty house, stuffy, lifeless. My grand piano is still there though.

Click some lights on, get the hot water running. Meanwhile I turn to cooking my dinner (for the first time with rice). Throw in some Japanese seaweed chicken, salad with thousand-island dressings, and steamed eggs.

First of all, it tasted REALLY good. Maybe it was because I cooked it myself, so there's this bias hanging around. Shortly after the chicken entered my stomach (Yeah I took out the feathers already. In bits lah!), that mayday-mayday-stomachache-coming-in-a-while alarm started ringing. Obviously wasn't cooked well enough, tsk.

With the whole thing done, I downed my first Yakult, talking with much discomfort on the phone. My second before I slept. Great that I didn't have any diarrhea.

Ok point is, I will be looking forward to more of these days. (sulks) Should stop complaining, because there are much brighter things in life to look forward to. Not this week, but well, at least next week. Or I hope this week.

Be satisfied with what you have. I'm glad, and I really want to thank someone for helping me reach the point where I can cook my own first dinner (with rice), albeit with a little stomachache.

Oh yeah, on a John Lennon listening spree now, hope you'll like the song I posted.