Monday, February 9, 2009

Morrison-Richardson Music Fest

Another busy-looking week ahead. I'm surprised Morrison-Richardson managed to convince me to work so hard for them, but whenever musical matters come into view, I'll be there to do the best I can. And since I can, I will.

So here I am, busy drafting out a 4-movement Suite which would probably be one of the more outstanding works I've ever written. Weird right, doing composition just for kicks. Isn't that how famous composers become famous? Just writing for the sake of self-entertainment and 'expression'. Expressione. With a cup of teh and a pencil in hand, nothing could possibly go wrong, for every wrong note is an improvisation.

Nigel Chua is in my class, and JL also. Presented MadLibs to the class, probably made some people feel worse after seeing that I'm in their class (my quirky-ness has gone way out of hand these days, musical creativity oozes out when I'm in my quirkiest.) The hell's kind of excuse.

Had my worst lesson ever with Dr Hecht, so much so that the lesson was only 20 minutes long. This is what happens when you don't practice. However, this week will be different! Promise all of you guys. And then I can relax on Saturday.

Hopefully I can get this project done by Wednesday, and then maybe Morrison-Richardson has someone who knows how to engrave the music (I'm not doing that) and send the scores out to everyone. Rehearsals will be short, but definitely has to be effective, or else we will die.

I really want to see us win this one. And I'm relieved to hear that Austin can play horn. Need an instrument of that range currently...

No comments: