Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Such things cheer me up a little

I'm broken in spirit and in strength. Wit's end, call it whatever you want. Beansprout Suite, another one such aspiration down the drain? Not so fast. A few more hours before I close shop. Will be drinking Milo to sustain myself.

I feel so apologetic for letting my loved ones down when they get around to reading this.

It's not a case of being 'hero' or anything. It's so silly - doing things last minute, just the way I've done over a 100 times before. But it's this other thought which is really frightening. Like the way Shawn put it, that he's here simply "to own Jon Shin".

Spirit battered, half the battle probably lost. Hopefully that's not how the other houses/faculties think, because if the only reason is as stated above, fuck the whole thing.

But I know it wouldn't, because some houses really want to do music. Another fatal mistake? Writing 'Esplanade' kind of music. Apparently 'RJC' music consists of hearing familiar tunes and happy sing-a-longs.

Yeah, sing along with my navel. It might be even more in tune.

Piano is coming into the house BEFORE her birthday, so it certainly would be nice to have it as part of the birthday pressie package. I love the new piano (secondhand)! And I'm sure we could both agree on that, with a huge array of pianos to test on, but the single-mould cast (or was it single-cast mould) did a great deal for the sound to vibrate. Such things cheer me up a little.

To sit at a distance and watch her play scales and chords,
to hear the sounds reverberate around the white-walled rooms,
to see my dad talking at the corner of my eye to the dealer,
to blink at the shiny lights reflecting off the polished pianos.

Come Friday evening, then I could let down my hair and crowd-surf all I want.

To jump into the crowd and hear them scream.

No comments: