Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Relieved..

Relieved.

Made it back home at 10.35pm. I was absolutely nearly right when I told Liyoung my day was going to end at 10.30pm. Unfortunately I've decided to stay on for two more hours just to watch some stupid ninjutsu videos and revise my notebook aptly called "Notes to get me into RJC".

I'm supposed to do my comprehension. Objective word being supposed. This time, I have no excuses. The last place I went to was Bukit Timah Hawker Centre, you know the one with two stories, and the 2nd storey basically is the hawker centre itself, and the 1st storey would be the wet market, where all the morning aunties gather to buy fish for the day.

I hit the stalls there at around 9.30 with my dad, after I finished my Studio Class from 7-9.

Why am I going backwards.

Let's take the above as a flashback, and let's go straight to the start of the day.



The start of day got me crossing the same zebra crossing again, with the same security guard there who doesn't do anything at all by the road, other than staring at cars and boys in tight pants like us. Thanks, sir. Well, you never know, some of us might be terrorists carrying 2kg loads of TNT in our pants, WATCH OUT!

I walked straight to the Raffles Square, and then today being Monday we had school anthem, blah blah blah. Talking about ties.

Yeah, on Monday we have to wear ties. I thought I didn't bring mine, because I couldn't find it in my bag. I did bring mine though, I found it in the end. And poor Clinton, he was begging around for one and I along with him at the beginning. But then I realised I brought my tie, so I was laughing heartily while I placed that tie around my neck.

Sorry Clinton.

First period was Chinese. Don't ask - Chinese sucked again. What with having to stand up every lesson, like 8 of us standing up again because we didn't do stuff. For me, I didn't hand in my Chinese file, so the sentence is really really unfair because the rest didn't do more things than me. At which point I should bawl like a baby but I cannot because I'm not a baby.

The rest of school was a blur, but we did talk alot during Literature and I did write down lots of things during Literature on 'Notes to get me into RJC'. Good job Jonathan.

I never fail to address myself in third-person in my blogposts.


Yeah, rest of school was a blur until I took 156 heading for my university. Guess what? The Bishan Gay was on the bus! I realised that when ALL the RI guys all crowded to the back of the car and I was the last person to get on the bus. Everyone blinking eyes. The bus driver waited for me super long because I was running down the overhead bridge, and everyone was already sitted right at the back of the bus, like all cramped there.

No wonder. I stepped into the bus and my skin could almost feel the burns of a dozen stares. Thanks, fellow Rafflesians. Fine, so I clambered to the back also. At least I was nice to offer my seat to a RJC girl but she refused (cos she was talking to a RJC guy hehe so much for being a raspberry). Many thanks for letting me keep the seat!

There was company on the bus though - sitting behind me was Yuxin from Choir and my Literature Class, and beside him was Tuck Wai, a guy who's in Rafflesian Spotlight and who beat-boxes.

Yeah so he nearly started beat-boxing in the bus but we stopped him, although I also nearly started joining him in improvising lyrics in the bus. Wanted Yuxin to do the bass but he refused. Why cannot? Three people enough already lah.

Guess the unluckiest thing.

THE BISHAN GAY was going to get of the same bus stop as me. So I was like, fingers crossed, some RI guy come along with me please I need to prepare myself for Chopin orchestral reduction no time for distractions blah blah blah.

Even Chopin had George Sand. Although he had some guy called Titus (which reminds me of 'What is Titus without Us? Tits! Tits!' - the utterly famous line chanted by his supporters).

Thankfully, Yuxin went down at the same bus stop as me - no. Look I didn't force him to alright? He had to reach home as soon as possible and his next bus came along at that bus stop so not guilty. Not guilty.

RI guys 1 Bishan Gay 0

I hate how all of us get so freaked out by the Bishan Gay. If we exterminate him, we exterminate this vermin, this pest that goes around terrorizing our students, even from RJC and schools that are along the 156 route. Look, it wasn't even coincedental! He memorises our timetables and goes on the bus EXACTLY when we get dismissed. Why are you doing this? Why are you like, making all my fellow comrades squeeze to the back of the bus like sardines in a can or rats in a river or lemmings down the cliff?

I foresee a day though that we'll all not be afriad anymore, we can walk at Junction 8 with freedom and no fear. That however, unfortunately, wouldn't be in my Rafflesian lifetime.



Some bad news: ON 31st October, there's going to be some environmental thingy that PM Lee might come to be the GOH, but...what! Ok fine.

There's goin gto be some environmental thingy that PM Lee might come to be the Guest-of-Honour, and it's going to be held on the 31st October. The thing is that, they have invited our Greenwave group (remember last year when we had the Greenwave album?) to sing some songs from our original band album, in front of the PM.

Thing is....thing is...Rafflesian Spotlight '08 is also going to be on 31st October. What am I going to do? Both shows are going to be held in the evening - my choice? I'll be going for the PM thing, after they confirm that the PM is going to be there. Otherwise, my school's ahead. I'll go for the Rafflesian Spotlight.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that PM Lee wouldn't be there on the 31st October, so I can sing at Rafflesian Spotlight...but that means I wouldn't be able to sing for the PM anymore because 1st and 2nd November he might not be there...and we might sing then also.

Look, I know it's complicated, but it's my blog so I'm going to type whatever confusing thing I want.

:).

Sorry for the sudden outburst. Anyway the relief was that the first time ZAD and I played Chopin for the Studio Class was good, but we'll improve. Yeah - the key to success is to keep improving and never stop practising.

I realised one thing while I was on stage today - as Dr Hecht came up on stage to give comments to ZAD, I was like stoning. Basically while stonning I was thinking how enjoyable this was - to listen to really good music nearly every single day of my current life, and how disgusting school has suddenly become. All the sickening homework and everything - I would rather listen to ALL of the Mozart piano sonatas and Beethoven sonatas and memorise everything for Dr. Frank DeMeglio's keyboard literature class.

Practise solfege every single day, do a thousand BMPs. (Which reminds me of DMP. Debussy Modified Project, lol.) Anything. Just to avoid this current predicament I'm in, mired in homework muck.

Homework muck.

Homework muck.

Disgusting, disgusting, homework muck. Dragging you down, slowing your tempo, not giving you momentum. The experience at the piano while stoning was one of estacy, of pure joy, to be able to sit there and listen to the freaking Steinway beside you give some of the best music you would dream to conceive.

Relieved.

No comments: