Friday, October 31, 2008

phew. the last hurdle.

It's been three long days and I have survived.

First big news: I MADE IT TO RJC!!!

If this guy didn't he would be sure to go ACJC. Then again she asked, "is ACJC good?"

Never really thought about that.

Anyway a few days back this professor called Jacques Rouvier came to Singapore/Conservatory to perform for the Sun Festival. I got to play for him Griffes and Mozart, and Mozart apparently was a style disaster. I kept playing the left hand and the right hand in disconjunction, and everytime I did that his face would twitch and he would make the weirdest sound ever possible at my physical disability.

Yeah but anyway I learned quite a little and felt good after the lesson. Amazingly, I realised all pressure was gone after I found out that there wasn't going to be a lesson after-all on Thursday, because I haven't really prepared much for it, and it will not be good should I go for one.

But it made sense though, since I already had lesson with Rouvier for that week. Is that the reason? Well another reason was that Rouvier was going to perform that Thursday evening (which is yesterday), so there wasn't any lesson.

Thursday morning was a joyous morning, when I woke up to realise that my GPA was dead-centre 2.0, without any moderation. My worst-ever. After moderation, it'll probably be pulled up, so that so much affirms more my position of going into RJC.

I know it's stupid to put my GPA here, but I kinda feel vindicated. Sortof. This inner feeling that I finally got to RJC after all the crap.

And Choong told me that I would get to have less time in school (yes!) so that totally means I can concentrate more on my music (YES!)

Rafflesian Spotlight rehearsal was next, from 2.15pm. Finally got to rehearse at 5.00, after Leon's solo.

I swear I didn't know Leon Lau could sing, until a few days ago. He chose a really nice song, smart choice.

We did our rehearsal, and we had a couple of unbelieving people, but we drew little laughter. Some, but little :( I think we didn't tell them what we were doing. Yeah, we were singing from the textbooks itself.

NIGEL, we HAVE TO TELL THEM WHAT WE'RE DOING. We can't keep them in suspense.
Heck, he'll probably see this tomorrow.

The reason why I didn't go to school today was because I woke up late. So much for trying to sleep early.



After rehearsal I took a taxi to the Conservatory to meet Chiling for dinner, and then after that went to YIH, eat, talk, laughed, realised some really funny mistakes. Can hardly stop smiling -.-

We watched Rouvier's concert, took bus and MRT back, I went to Boon Lay to bid goodbye (what with the chauvinism!), and then back to Jurong East, then blah blah blah yada yada yada.

And home.

The cookies were heavenly! Thank you for the cookies lah. It was a nice supper to compliment the end of the day.


the end.

The next morning I woke up, and then I obviously came here to type my blogpost.

What else?

Oh yeah, I MADE IT INTO RJC!!!

Please wish me luck for the Marina Barrage thing, and of course, Rafflesian Spotlight. Culmination of all my dreams. Today's a big day.

No comments: