Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yesterday...all my (cough hack hack hack)

Yesterday was a eventful day.

Once I finished Chinese paper (which was good for my standards) I went for the MEP paper...I think I lost 4 marks already, left one Stravinsky question worth 3 marks (the one that asks what happens directly after this section) and the pipa/guzheng one. I'm pretty sure it sounded like a peepa.

Damnit.

Then after that we went to go play soccer with my yellow-purple ball, everyone was laughing so much cos we were throwing the stupidest jokes around. Really isn't good when the game was tiring. Firstly the ball was smaller than a normal size ball.

Secondly, the court was bigger than the usual MEP size court. MEP size court being 4 metres by 2 metres. This court was erm....the basketball court.

Hongrui busted his ankle (signifying half-time), and we were panting so much that we made dogs cry. Second half resumed, I think I scored one goal (no one could remember anything under the 1pm Sun). I laughed the most when Hongrui was goalkeeper, and then he pointed to one spot before kicking and shouted, "Hongrui!" and proceeded to kick.

Then the whole world broke down in peals of laughter. Man, and we were throwing 'shit' insults around. "Can't aim your shit don't shit larh..." blah blah guy jokes.

The game ended with me. Yeah, I think Samuel Koh kicked and then I ran forward and blocked the shitball with my solar plexus. Amazing.

Originally it was headed for my chest, but I jumped too high (trying to grow taller) and it went below my sternum. The feeling is totally awkward, because first you feel a cold sensation in your body, and then suddenly the solar plexus is burning. BURNING.

Btw, for your information, the solar plexus is really vulnerable. On the bright side, if I jumped 40cm more, it might hit another vulnerable spot. Yeah, juust that close. :)

After that the whole world went to McDonalds (whole world meaning Dennis, Hongrui, Me, Jinghu...Imba, Samuel, Maximillian, Eugene) Leonard and Gerald Sng left early.

KFC being at J8, where almost all of the student world except for those in Tuas and Changi (Tuas Sec, anyone?) come to sometimes. We ate at KFC before witnessing a fight that took place outside McDonald's, our idea of a fight being 30 people gathering in a circle. Then they took it outside, before two policemen came, and I think they all diffused. And then suddenly the two policemen ran up the escalators.

A few minutes later they brought down a guy in school uniform, brought him outside, and the policemen started writing down some things on their notebooks (paper one lah, you got see policemen carry electronic notebook one meh? Suddenly fight fight then spoil how? You pay ah?).

Hell, don't know what they were doing, Blue's Clues maybe.

Ok after lunch was rehearsal and a 3 hour jamming session with XD members at Yisin's 3 storey house I think.

Apparently we're playing for a wedding gig so I practised with them. It really looked like musical heaven, cos the living room floor was full of wires and plugs, pedals, amplifiers, stands and mikes, one white solid electric guitar, another gold-furnished on the sofa, one electric blue electric guitar, one black acoustic guitar, one brown classical guitar, one solid Fender bass, and in the middle of it all, the drumset. And of course, beside it all the piano. The amplifiers were really huge btw.

I switched to the Fender bass after a while, and then....then...heck. It was undescribable. Played different songs together, improvised a solo in a bossa nova piece...

Tried out drums, succeeded and managed to play two full jams with them on drums. I sang a blues rock and roll song into the mike, lyrics being "I don't like your face" I think. Lennie was there, Eugene was there. We had a rolling time.

Played a bit of FIFA 09, and then my dad fetched Lennie back home, and Eugene back home.

What a long, enjoyable, rollicking fun day.

Yesterday was an eventful day.

No comments: