Sunday, May 17, 2009

driving - the blogpost that spans a week

I just realized how busy it can be if you're a musician and you don't have a car. I reserved this Sunday morning for getting the Mendelssohn Violin Concerto score from Neville at church (now I can proudly say I went to Church this morning, but any other questions after that are entirely unnecessary. Questions like, "How was Mass?" are vastly irrelevant).

But as Dr Gooi says, the process is very important. How did you get to Church? Did you enjoy getting to Church? Answer was no, because my Ez-link ran out of money, which meant walking back from the bus-stop to Senja LRT station to top up the EZ-link card. Ain't it EZ.

It was convenient though, considering the bus-stop I was at was the wrong one, because 176 didn't stop there. Yes, lots of sweat and morning mucus. Must have been the instant teh-tarik. And then my favourite breakfast fare of pancakes and scrambled eggs for myself and MYJ. Done in 10 minutes, full for hours.

It's not a myth that I sweat alot, which I guess would be attributed to my body's high metabolic rate, so I wouldn't really blame the morning sun and the teh tarik for the mildly wet clothes.

Visited my mum, and then it was a change of two buses before I finally got to the Conservatory, where here I am sitting in the computer room, aware of the fact that I have only seen two other people in this building, one being Dr Hecht himself and the security guard. Everyone's probably back home hundreds of kilometres away, spending time with their loved ones after months of music and homesick-ness.

I thought, if only I had a car. Getting from home to Church, then Church to Conservatory would be much easier. And subsequently, from the Conservatory to Evans Road. Then I can also fulfil my dreams of one day being able to say, "Chiling, let's go for Rochor. Yeah, downstairs already." Then I'll dwindle my time at the carpark reading scores, and then she'll get down soon enough.

Or Ma Yanjie. "Oopezi, don't cook dinner tonight, eating out. If you don't get down by 5 minutes, I'll drive the car into the kitchen and shine the lights at your face."

So that would be it. She would get down, and then we could go eat out. Unfortunately/fortunately, she's going to be able to drive first, and then I would have to wait till I turn 18. By next year, she would be able to drive...then she could go fetch me to RJC already. Eh, entirely cool.

The past few days have been a flurry of motion. No, wasn't a case of terrible food and visits to the loo. On the contrary...(pentatonic scale please, with pedal. Technician! Fade out!)

On the contrary, I visited Seven-mile junction (now known to today's generation as Bukit Timah Market. Whatever. I'll stick to Seven-Mile Junction) together with Sydney and Kenneth earlier this week, one of my favourite food haunts. Kenneth had mutton soup, which apparently 7-mile boasts one of the best in Singapore. I had Happy Duck Rice (literally), and it dasted really telicious.

[yes, you probably re-read that again.]

But nonetheless, it was really good, duck was tender, peanuts were great. Sydney and I decided to rob some of Kenneth's mutton, but I sort of adulterated the mutton by having it dipped into duck sauce. Never mind that it still tasted great.

I guess the next day we went to watch the Chamber concert at Hwa Chong, got a sunflower for Fiona. Knowing that it was a school chamber concert, we weren't expecting an Esplanade performance, but it was fun enough. Three of us, myself, myother and myhalfsis then went for a sumptuous and beautiful dinner at the same place, this time having peanut tangyuan. The whole time we were laughing so hard, and I think MYJ even teared a little. But it was nice.

(here the author decides to go relieve himself and go up to practise. Bye!)

for now.

It's 1.55am, and I'm back home feeling more dull than ever. Firstly I'm pretty tired, and secondly there's no one to disturb from sleep. This morning's words were written under deft and silent typing so that I did not disturb my colleague while she had her sleep in the computer lab. Now, I can type at whatever volume I wished to.

Let's continue the day's narration - well Pop gave all of us the ride back home, including Chiling, and I was glad we could all reach home before the dose struck us. But before that I think I am pretty apprehensive towards Hwa Chong guys, (no don't ask, it's instinctive. and besides, sensitive.) But one of her classmates (apparently class gentleman and poet) actually said hello to me! (sorry I forgot your name) - I know this sounds really absurd and quirky but he probably was the first HCJC person to ever say hi to me other than my primary schoolmates. Maybe I just don't look receptive enough.

The next day being Friday - gosh, it's Monday already - and all 5 of us (by now you all should know who...pop aunty MYJ CCL JS) caught Angels and Demons. MYJ was so scared she cried on the way back home. I got really worried and was super concerned, you know the fabric of the pillow right...not good material to cry on. But I let the person to her devices. I didn't eat much of the popcorn, was probably staring at the screen the whole time without realizing. Solid movie. All the questions were surprisingly answered, and it was a satisfying end for such a complicated movie.

The next day, we practised four-hands...

And Sunday was just another busy day of soccer plus the most heavenly shower I've ever had. Besides we talked super long about OBS, kinda prep lesson for Amanda. And then later in the night, about music, practice, and careers. Discoveries, revelations, and practice. Hanon, Czerny. Mind, body and soul.

Next week, I'm bringing the bass and the amps to Boon Lay. Let the rock begin.

4 comments:

oakleyses said...

replica handbags, nike tn, lululemon canada, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, vans pas cher, nike roshe run uk, uggs outlet, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet, true religion outlet, michael kors, ray ban uk, burberry handbags, uggs outlet, new balance, nike air max, burberry outlet, ralph lauren uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, michael kors outlet online, oakley pas cher, north face uk, sac vanessa bruno, michael kors, nike air force, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, north face, coach outlet, true religion jeans, polo lacoste, guess pas cher, hollister uk, ray ban pas cher, michael kors outlet, mulberry uk, michael kors outlet online, hollister pas cher, nike free uk, coach outlet store online, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, kate spade, hogan outlet, timberland pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, sac hermes

oakleyses said...

soccer jerseys, ray ban, mac cosmetics, nfl jerseys, herve leger, p90x workout, hollister, louboutin, nike air max, hollister clothing, vans outlet, gucci, oakley, nike huaraches, soccer shoes, hollister, timberland boots, converse outlet, longchamp uk, north face outlet, reebok outlet, mcm handbags, bottega veneta, nike trainers uk, mont blanc pens, instyler, babyliss, new balance shoes, insanity workout, ghd hair, asics running shoes, beats by dre, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, valentino shoes, wedding dresses, converse, vans, ferragamo shoes, lululemon, chi flat iron, celine handbags, nike roshe run, iphone cases, hermes belt, ralph lauren, north face outlet, baseball bats, giuseppe zanotti outlet, jimmy choo outlet

menna said...

سما
شركة تنظيف خزانات فى دبى
شركات تنظيف الفلل فى دبى
شركات تنظيف المنازل فى دبى

menna said...

شركة تعقيم في الفجيرة
شركات تعقيم المنازل في الفجيرة