Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Mother's Day Aunty!

I'm starting to insanely vainly view my life as an adventure, and my blog as its novel. I know, it's the delusional once-in-a-while oh HOT DAMN i'm in a spur kind of moment. The weather has been oppresively hot nowadays, and Singaporeans have been dealing just fine with it.

But the good news! Mas Selamat has been caught. Now I can sleep without worrying whether he would untune my piano at night while I'm not awake, though he has dealt a serious blow already by breaking my cello A string, and detuning the rest.

The weather is another suspect.

Mother's Day was not without occassion - I was in the company of the two sisters and their mum, otherwise fondly known in my blogposts as Aunty (in the right context, not Yanjie's mum). She who let me stay in her kitchen and watch her cook, help her bake, listen to her share secrets about her daughter (chuckles), and cut the vegetables, albeit under the watchful eyes of Chan Chi Ling.

But before I had finished sectioning ONE cucumber it would disappear, for the sound of each chop threatened the disappearance of a thumb, and the appearance of its red innards.



Long story damn short, Aunty deserves 5 stars and BEST MUM award, because she is truly in my opinion, the best mum I have ever seen. Without question, she would hence deserve the best present, which today came in the form of a song.

Written and composed by Chi Ling, sung by Chi Ling and Amanda Chan, mouthed by Jonathan Shin, piano played by Jonathan Shin. Happy Mother's Day Aunty!!!



And yes, before I forget, myself and myother are performing in Inspire 09: HeartStrings, plus eXDee is performing in Gifts from the Heart, which is basically the gala concert for Inspire 09..and the theme song for Inspire 09 is a song written and composed by both of us! So do please come down and support us.

HeartBeat - Inspire 09 Dance Concert @ Hwa Chong Institution (College) Auditorium
12 June and 13 June 7.30pm, tickets at $8.

HeartStrings - Inspire 09 Instrumental and Choral Concert @ Singapore Poly Convention Centre. 25 July 7.30pm, tickets at $8.

Gifts From The Heart - Inspire 09 Gala Concert @ Republic Polytechnic Cultural Centre
21 August and 22 August 7.30pm, tickets at $10 and $12 each.

We will both be performing 4-hand works by Rachmaninov and Camille Saint-Saens.

Cya!

No comments: