Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pops!

Absolutely depressing that my dad would be sitting opposite me and smiling and talking about shares - it's probably the only thing that pleases him most. If the stocks go down, his mood goes down too. And if the stocks go up, he nods, tells his friends all about it, and basically his whole day brightens up.

Or whole night - he comes back at around 10:45.

Yeah maybe it's the only thing he can be interested in now he's in his late 50s. One can never be satisfied about the money one earns right? Can't even be bothered to read some books I recommend him. Maybe people around him might get happier once he reads those books. Ok who am I to comment until I have started earning for my own pork chops. It's all about the money ain't it. All about it.

Been lacking serious motivation to do any of my homework nowadays, and I'm feeling this urge to go back to my musical roots. Go back and practise. If only I could take away one white slip for every 2 hours of quality practice I have with my piano.

Sunday is freaking declared as 'family' time. Why be so hypocritical and pretend its family time when obviously MYJ, aunty and myself don't even know each other well enough yet? I feel so restricted and I yearn to hear the laughter again talking to CL, Amanda, and aunty. It makes me feel much more comfortable, cross my heart.

It's unbelievable how 'stone' I feel nowadays when my dad is around, it's simply stifling. I hear the keys ringing, and I immediately stiffen, aware of this presence. When he enters the room, all I can bring myself to mutter is a simple 'hi'. A man with the most radical, bizarre and weird ideas, treats his house like his company, us like his charges. Confounded statements and reasonings. Maybe that's what makes him unique.

I have to bring myself to like him - after all, it's only another few more months before he leaves for China, and I can breathe a sigh of relief, knowing I have food to eat and piano to practise. It's so like Ibiza again - all by myself in the hotel room.

Meanwhile, thanks dad for all the 16 years, while you continue to pen down your figures and numbers and I wait for the fan that could only blow in your direction.


On a livelier note I'm looking forward to pool with Akkra tomorrow, and a good dinner before he leaves for Thailand on Saturday. Take care of yourself, buddy!

No comments: