Monday, May 11, 2009

Sarnday

Today's blogpost is typed under duress, because of an uninvited guest sitting beside me. Truth be told I'm the one not invited, the computer is in fact hers, and I'm here because my ass is bigger than hers. Which means I can shove her aside.

The 23872942th arrangement of the furniture in the house means that we now have a new way of getting around, but surprisingly none of us have to CRAWL around to get to places. So much to type, so little time.

Let's start from...what happened just recently. Well actually let's start from what happened 24 hours ago. 24 hours ago, I happened to be throwing tissue paper at Ma Yanjie's general direction (no no serious I was aiming at the AIR space around her, not her. I'm too nice to even THINK of harming her). None of the tissue paper were used, of course, for I'm not such a dirty person, and if I were I would have tried to throw the toilet bowl.

Rationale for that? Mr Lee said anything worth doing is worth over-doing. Toilet bowl is the way to go.

Then after that I was content to go to bed after a good bout of volleying clean paper. I woke up this morning thus to the ACTUAL Mother's Day, at roughly 10.43am.

I fell asleep roughly at 10.44am though. Was checking the time. Then I woke up again at 11.30am, brushed my teeth, took a nap till 12pm, and I was off! To visit my mum at the Church of St Mary of the Angels.

Ok yeah, I know, it feels like 5 years since she died, because so many things have happened since she passed away. Got a new family, tons of new furniture, international competition experience and an award, college, more music, crazier classmates, a freaking cool teacher, and a beautiful other. All at once I feel like a lucky bastard who doesn't deserve any of this, but often life is about living with what you don't deserve, so you learn to treasure them more.

That aside and some of the smart shit I pretend to say, life has been really kind to me this past year. I'm not hinting at any nexus, but it couldn't be pure coincedence to say that some of it had actually been finally possible. I think it would be unfair if you were to condemn me for saying that, but it's unfair for me too because you didn't wear my shoes.

After taking a bus to church, I took two other buses to the Conservatory for a practice with Adriel and David. Dumka trio, it should be known, and rehearsal had been effective. It's always fortunate to work with technically fantastic and musically sound musicians. Then you can look towards more extra-musical stuff, and you don't have to worry about simple things like intonation and rhythm. Another reason why I'm such a lucky bastard.

Rehearsal till 4.30pm, and an exclamation from David Loke saying that he had to leave early because his grandfather passed away this day last year. It followed with an outburst from myself claiming this day for my mum also, and our eyes twinkled such that it nearly preceded an empathetic high 5.

"You know I wished I could give you a high 5 now, but it feels inappropriate. *chuckles*"

Adriel's mum fetched me to Bishan, where I waited at Yisin's house with a round of FIFA for the new HACAS president to finish her meeting. She actually finished it by today, and she totally deserves a good pat on her back, on behalf of all my readers here. Yes you do :). So proud of her.

Got back by eight, and Dr Hecht was back, like last Sunday. We had a sumptuous dinner, not without thanks to Ma Yanjie and her mum's fantastic cooking, and us three men contributed by eating and finishing up the food. It's tough work, but we survived in the end. So hilarious, American humour. Dr Hecht typed a letter for my dad's speech upon leaving DHL this Thursday, but it's never going to come out here because of the cuss words.

My dad choked several times though, it was just crazy.

Well that basically sums up my day, but since Akkra reminded me, he beat me 3-1 in pool the day before he left. Don't tell him I GAVE in to him to make him happy! Haha just kidding. And sure, all the best to Fiona's performance on Thursday. Go support come come come only $5 if you realise you are just slacking around digging your nose and not helping out with any work and not happen to have any serious work to do and is are really am will be can be should be must be feeling a little in the need for some chamber music then this is your night.

Just go watch it - for the effort I just put it, it surely is worth $5.

Cheers!