Saturday, March 22, 2008

No updates since last Sunday! Saddening for the readers, but good for me. I get a break, a break, a break a break a break OH YEAH! Yeah we had school till Thursday, where it was the RI Community Day - RISE went to AWWA Elderly Care Centre. I wouldn't want to dwell too much on that, except that when my dad read the email Kaicheng sent out on the e-groups, he mentioned that those guys who were constantly playing must stop the 'bochap' attitude - doesn't simply apply to music-lovers or non-music lovers in RISE - everyone has a responsibility to make the event successful.

I shall not do a public scolding here - not like I want to - but I'm glad at least I know the reasons that they have acted the way they've done. I'm contended to know that I've did my best to understand the reasons why they have lost interest...But they did a good job as station masters anyway! Ok that part is true other than playing soccer behind the main screen...

That day before was Dr Hecht's lesson on Bach - I played Prelude and Fugue in D major. Learnt a new finger action - and new imagery (which is never-ending and part of what makes lesson fun) for the fugue. From angel voices from the balcony to proclaimations...Baroque music is certainly beautiful although Ben Low and Bryan think it's boring!

Recently I've been listening to Sigismond Thalberg. I don't know what's the reason but he's virtuosic enough. It might have been Ben's Liszt's Harmoniques that made me interested in the Romantic virtuosic playing since this week...

Thought of so many things to talk about but I forgot all of them. Will definitely talk about them tomorrow.

Kaicheng just hummed to me a tune for a video he's creating (yumyum - nope not on food, definitely for CCA) and I had to copy it down on manuscript. UNFORTUNATELY, it was all much syncopated, which led me to have a hard time writing it down on paper.

But it was fun though.

And I liked Oblivion Part 1...

No comments: