Thursday, March 27, 2008

Why do Colours have Concerts

And we shall all ask this question together - why?

Well it is a question directed to perhaps anything that ever existed in the whole universe. Basic questions like, why does my pencilbox contain pencils? What are the pencils there for? To write? Why must we write? So that we can communicate? Why must we communicate?

(Stumped)

Oh yes, we communicate so we can fulfil the human nature to socialize. (Figure that out yourself! Sorry...)So why do we have to socialize? Because it's human nature? Why does human nature exist? Well, because we're created that way? Why were we created?

Shit. Truly stumped. Crap.
WHY DO WE EXIST?
WHY DOES ANYTHING EXIST?
WHY DOESN'T THEOPHILUS GIVE US AN ANSWER TO THIS QUESTION?

PLEASE, don't mind the last question. But in any case if I did mentioned it then never mind, but Byap and I were talking briefly about it during Mathematics lesson. It was brought up to my mind again when I read my friend's blog this evening. (Although I don't think it's in the same context.)

Some interesting things happened yesterday on Wednesday - I started seeing (imagining? now that's a different story) colours that came along with the sounds I heard, which led me to a confused state during two-piano class, no thanks to the brilliant range of tonality and dissonances provided during a climax of Della Joio's Aria and Toccata. So I started seeing(?) rainbow colours and streaks and different hues of blue green purple yellow brown red orange in all shapes and assortments.

And I got a BIG headache.

Something I can use to my advantage :) Another skill I can access in my musical arsenal.

Chopin's Etude was entirely understandable, just that I need some good psychomotor skills. I realised it used every part of my mental strength and body coordination and both ears. I had to keep the melody like bells (something which I've already noticed in the beginning), take note of the pedal (something I will not tell you guys here as it is too complicated to type out), take notice of the pedalling of the hands, take notice of the harmonic progressions and follow according to the progressions, and listen and listen and listen.

Try that man. Anyway I'm glad I've been told of this in one lesson, which gives me time to prepare it for next week's lesson. It would be tough, but entirely worth it. Why not, if it can make the piece better than it sounded before?

Once again, advertisements for two concerts that I'll be featured in. One would be the April 4th Primarily Piano concert (where I'll play as the FIRST guy). I'll be playing Mozart's K330. Yes, that cute piece that is in reality extremely detailed.

And then Shostakovich's Concertino, which I'll be playing as 2nd piano accompanying Aidi who's on 3rd. No, 1st piano. That would be on the April 15th.

I'm grateful for the all the concert opportunities!

No comments: