Sunday, March 9, 2008

Shin Chaconne on a GroundBass of Bach

I got to hear Bach's Chaconne in D minor for Solo Violin Bwv 1004 yesterday in YA class. We had an 'assignment' for the week - to write four elaborations of the ground bass provided by our dear Bach.

However since we're having March holidays now, I've decided to do about 20-50 of them, and I've already started on the first...six already. Not bad, considering I didn't use keyboard and when I played it I just had to make minor edits. Also partly training one's level of concentration and ability to 'hear' the note inside one's head.

I've developed them over the years, and now I must say they're quite reliable, except it takes a burden on your brain and also limits the range of colours you can put onto the score. With the keyboard I must say it's defintely much easier.

I know this is about homework, but...

You know, music just rules.

No comments: