Monday, June 9, 2008

Dreams 2

I've lost the battle! Sickness and Disease 1 Jonathan 0.

Moral of the story: never play soccer under the sun and then under the rain, and then under the sun again IF you're a person who's never been in such situations before.

Unfortunately I've been in these situation so many times, but I don't know why I got it this time. And secondly, after playing soccer, don't start eating Pringles and crackers. They always seem to be 'heaty' as what the Chinese always say.

I figured I got the cold, and I was hacking away and shivering.

So I got a call from Shangxuan on Friday night at my cousin's basement, and he told me to arrange a work for his Church camp for Viola, Keyboard, and Voice. The piece? Fly Me to the Moon, a work which I had previously arranged and performed with my friends Daniel and David last year.

I was in a dilemma - to continue my work or start on this new project. Anyway I did the latter, and then the fever developed. As I dive into this pool of self-pity, please do pass me a towel after my swim. I did the arrangements, and then on Sunday night was the performance at the Church Camp.

Well by then I looked like a walking piece of shit, and the performance was a bit liao-lui (as what my dad said - thanks for watching dad!) I realised I was sharing the back-stage with a Singapore Idol finalist - some lady who looked familiar enough.

Ok I'm done with the self-pity part.

When I went back home my dad put some Vicks in a cup and poured boiling water into it, and asked me to inhale deeply the fumes to clear my lungs. I did that, and in seconds menthol filled my system, and my tongue felt sour and spicy at the same time.

I started coughing and spluttering all the SHIT that had been in my body for the past week. Yay. We did it again, and by sleeptime I was better already. Took a spoonful of cough syrup, and off to bed I went.

Maybe being feverish really gives you fantastic dreams. Because I think I dreamnt about 8-10 dreams in a row, like floating in the air, and flying around in the clouds. Erm, literally flying. And huge, large plains and more and more of nature.

Lots and lots of colours. It might have been the menthol in my brain, causing these effects. I don't really know. When I'm not sick, I shall inhale the fumes again, and if I do have these dreams, I'll call you guys up. :)

No comments: