Wednesday, June 18, 2008

We missed Monday Munching again!

It's been a creative week for the past few days, except it tapered off by yesterday. I wonder, is it neccesary for one to have a composition teacher before one can start off on composition?

This afternoon I decided to take a listen to the entire Griffes music collection (from Dr Chang) while I was chilling off. It sounded really unique, neither Debussy nor Ravel, nor Schoenberg and Scriabin. Uniquely Griffes.

Monday's lesson was cool again! But all my short-comings have returned - should I master it my life would be made easier...



Recently I was doing some shopping with my dad at OG for new shoes and shirts, when we stepped into a lift. Which we shared with an Indian couple, with a child. So the child was roughly 4-5 years old, (old enough to walk).

This lift had metal bar handles at its three sides, and the dad didn't notice enough to stop himself from putting the kid on the floor. And the kid did something natural enough - walk.

I wasn't really paying much attention too, just that I saw this kid walk towards one side with a slanted gait, and then-

Well moral of the story is, don't listen to what notes can come out from the impact, just look at the impact itself.

-And there was this resounding Bb that was jarring yet whole at the same time, a sound which is very difficult to forget.

Then there was a steely silence, at which point the kid took his time to register which Lego(TM) block had hit him, and which part it hit. So while I relished the still-ringing sounds, I saw the Indian woman (otherwise the mum) give a shocked gasp.

After the kid identified the Unidentified Floating Object, he promptly ran into the opposite direction, which meant directly under his dad's belt.

I didn't bother to see what happened next, because the lift door open, and we stepped out into the bright lights, and a huge torrent of shrieks flooding from behind me.

OG didn't make my mood any better! After we spent a little over $100 we received a coupon to get a oyster pearl. At first I kept refusing to go and collect this useless oyster pearl, but my dad said just go and collect.

It was authentic, but there was this next counter which said you had to attach it to some kind of jewelry chain which you can choose from at your own leisure. So at first I said, "I'll just have the pearl."

And then the saleswoman obviously wasn't counting on me to say that, and she asked me where my mum was. So I said, "Nvm, I'll just have the pearl. It's ok."

"Well, it wouldn't look good like that, you'll have to attach a piece of jewelry to it so that it looks nicer..." And then proceeded to bug me on where my mum was and that she should be making the choice.

But they're just doing their job, so I'll forgive them. Except no more pearls, thank you.

No comments: