Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Monday Munching delayed to Tuesday. Today.

Monday Munching - Food and Music has been delayed due to some technical problems. We'll be back later today...

Meanwhile here's something that caught my eye from an unsuspecting junior:

"Anyway, the camp was DAMN boring. [No offence to the EXCO members]

It was also the first time I was having rehearsals with the whole ensemble. Then the conductor, Mr Sze made me sit at the 3rd row. What the HELL lah. I mean, I can't even play the piece, as in, I can't even follow the rest, then he go and put me in the front.

And the rest of the Sec 1 noobs are sitting at the last row. I mean, if you sit at the last row, you can fake and pretend to be playing. (that's what Clarence and Andrew did) Then when I was playing, I made a very small mistake and he started shouting at me.

Down, Up, Up bow! Even if you are a Sec 1 you are not exempted!

That's what he said. Anyway, after that rehearsal, we had a meal at Mac, and we had ANOTHER rehearsal. Then I forgot to bring my pencil. Mr Sze shouted, "Pencil check!" and half the ensemble didn't raise their hand. You know what he said? "To the field!"

What kind of music CCA is this man. We ran like 5 rounds and did 80+ push ups. JUST BECAUSE I DIDN'T BRING THAT STUPID PENCIL!"


I'm not surprised I didn't think of this when I was in Secondary 1. We were disciplined, and we understood what discipline meant and how things worked. Aaaand pencils are very important things juniors...without your pencils how are you going to write important things in your scores?

Well honestly we seniors didn't do a good job of disciplining them, but nowadays Secondary 1s are getting more and more defiant. And some Secondary 2s also, but they're less defiant in general.

In life challenges are what makes it fun. But there are times when challenges cross the line of rationality and discipline, then the fun is gone.

No comments: