Sunday, June 22, 2008

No title! (due to lack of creativity)

I woke up at 4am to an ironically cold, wet and windy Sunday. Rainday would be more apt...

The evening before I was having dinner with my dad, Clarence, and his parents. We were having this dinner because my dad wanted to thank Clarence's parents for being my soon-to-be caretakers in Germany, where we would be facing some yummy competition.

Unfortunately my defences are still under construction, and I'll continue my practice in a while.

Meanwhile there were many life lessons that were brought to the dinner table yesterday, especially from Clarence's mum, in which she shared some of her life stories with us, some of them tragic, some of them thought-provoking. I wouldn't share it with you guys here on this table, because I think everyone present would prefer it to be kept private...

Meanwhile we had dinner at Siam Kitchen (my first time there) where I had beef noodles. And spent the rest of my time feeding myself with crackers that were provided on the table. And then 'cooling' it down with sips of warm water every now and then.

My failure to post pictures has often been a bane.

It IS still a bane, sadly.

Anyway after we had dinner together, my dad and I proceeded to the basement level of Causeway Point, where he went to the DIY shop, and I had the most profound melody I've thought of in a while, which I promptly jotted down/typed in my handphone.

No guarantee of its success however, it depends how I use and develop this melody which shows how successful it is.

When I went back home I caught the second half of LOTR - Fellowship of the Ring at 10pm, which I watched till 11.45, and then flipped to Channel 8. Continued watching this Chinese/Cantonese show called Magic Kitchen starring Andy Lau, Jerry Yan, and Sammi Cheng. Some story combining food/cooking and love.

A little divertion: Currently I have this blue Imation thumbdrive which has an 'Yu' written on it in white ink, and I suspect it's John YU's. John, if this is yours, do acknowledge it by tagging on my tagboard and saying its yours!


So after that I had this same melody continuously stuck in my head, but I did get home in the end to jot it down on manuscript paper. It is sad however that I spent nearly an hour of sleeptime being plagued with these beautiful sounds that I wanted to wake up and write down. Maybe I was just being superstitious, but I woke up and shut the manuscript book so I could continue sleeping. Well, I did slept half an hour later.

It is definitely for a string instrument, but I thought it was more suited for the cello, because of its breath and space. I might even write it for trio, now that I think the violin has enough richness to try this melody out.
Seriously, I wasn't thinking about what happened 2 days ago! Just a thought that developed while I was typing this out.

There really are only three things going in my mind now - my performance in Germany and my practice, my overdue homework, and my 音乐作品s. (In order of importance). And 还有另外一件事,但我觉得在这里写有点没味道.

Is something pissing Jonathan Shin off again? On the contrary, no. Just something's that's been bugging me for the past few 星期s.

谢谢.

No comments: