Saturday, November 1, 2008

The journey ends without the slightest regret!

And so ends our journey in Rafflesian Spotlight, and participating in the Marina Barrage thing to sing for Prime Minister Lee. I was singing for nearly half the day, and by the end I think my lungs just gave out. But there was enough time for me to still go eat supper with Fiona at McDonalds.

We then took the MRT back home, but by the time we reached Kranji, the MRT station shut down.

What's the past tense of shut down? Shat down? Heck.

Anyway so we took a taxi back but my dad had to pay for us -.- super embarassing sial. Emergency funds not in my wallet. Crap!!

Ok that's not the main point. The main point is that we didn't even get any of the top prizes in Rafflesian Spotlight! That's such a sad thing but I'm not feeling too bitter or anything. Before that we got to perform for PM Lee though, so it kinda nullified the feeling in the end.

Again the PM Lee thing was impromptu, because we didn't practise until yesterday morning! And we roped Nigel in, to harmonise with him at the very last minute, right before we took the car trip to the event at the Marina Barrage.

How amazing can RI guys get.

Adrian Pang: Let me confirm, you guys are from RI?
Me: Yeah
AP: What are your names? :)
Me: Jonathan, Joseph and Nigel
AP: Ok thanks!
Me: And what's yours?
AP: Adrian.

Nigel: Hehehe....sneaky huh? Jonshin sneaky...

Yeah but we put up a good show.

We then rushed back to RI to perform the final show of the night, and that was the Musical Comedy Impromptu thingy that probably everyone here knows. If you don't know what we're doing still? We sing anything text you give us, including melodies, harmonies, and pure entertainment.

But the other groups deserve it lah, just that apparently one of the organisers told me that the judges were the one who decided, because we tied for 2nd place in terms of votes.

I don't understand why they did that, but I know I will someday. Probably cos "you guys were geniuses", and we got penalized for that.

Yawn.

I'm super tired really. All my muscles and bones are aching, and I'm not in the best of mood currently (as in not pissed), just not upbeat and smiling. TIRED. really tired...

Although I'm sure i don't feel an inch of regret, cos we did our best, and I'm damn sure there wasn't anything we could improve on. But I'm planning in JC we could add drums and lead guitar and bass, and then it would sound awesome.

You would need 5 people with telepathy already. That would seriously be fun!

No comments: