Thursday, December 18, 2008

blahblahholidays.

Tottenham Spurs versus Manchester United probably is one of the nicest football games I've watched in recent times. The willingness to fight, the rivalry, the chivalry, hand-shaking and hugs at the end, and of course, its own share of good football makes it so pleasant to watch, amidst the cold London weather. Although the game ended up with a 0-0 draw, it was still engaging right to the end.

I'm sad that Arsenal will never play like that :(. They just don't have the...tsk, the X factor. One-touch football and things like that, but you still have to win trophies. But whatever.

Yesterday we prepared the vegetable salad, which we brought over to Miss Tan's house. Then after the potluck dinner (which consisted of mushrooms, pasta, chicken wings, vegetable salad and fruit salad - yum!) we finally got around to performing 'Heidi'.

Miss Tan has two pets - Heidi (the dog) and Twinkle (the cat) - and our Christmas present was supposed to be a two-movement work for both their pets, but unfortunately we only got around to doing the first movement.

I just realised how different the composer(s)' intepretation can be compared to the soon-to-be performer. Most of what Miss Tan mentioned after we played the piece didn't seem coherent with what I wanted it to be - the manner the motives should be played. Nonetheless we finished the piece, and also performed an earlier Tango that I wrote. Eh...we were sight-reading my messy hand-writing.

My dad brought back with him from work 9 softback books of manuscript paper, which I plan to use really effectively. So I'm probably reserving 3 of these for journal writing and studying composition techniques, and the other from solo, 4-hand, and of course, my final goal, concerto writing.

Started on the solo one already of course, and I filled in 3 pages of my Sonatina...which sounds super convulated and complex.

Mm. The Nutcracker ballet tomorrow, and then I'm off to China on Sunday 6am. I'm not looking forward to it! Have to pack...

I have a sudden fear that I've forgotten how to blog. Again.

No comments: