Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Text that got..whatever.

It's as if you all know that I wouldn't continue blogging about China anymore, which you all are right about.

But no, I just want to give special mention to the food there - it's been months since I tasted such good rice. Just refreshing, warm rice from the rice bucket, continuously scooped up by me and dumped into my bowl to be consumed. Ah, the rice-y rice. Yum.

At one particular restaurant they served a wine which was 50% alcohol [wondered how many people have died in that restaurant already], and all my cousins except for me and one cute other cousin tasted it. Imagine the scrunched up faces.

Whatever. It's fantastic to be back in Singapore, feeling the humid air and the breeze that (does not always) blow across my sunny island. I didn't realize my fashion insulation until I stepped out of the aeroplane into the connecting bridge - I was still wearing 5 layers of clothing. Sweat like a mountain pig.

We managed to watch Bedtime Stories yesterday night, what a hilarious show. Much wordplay and great comic timing from Adam Sandler. Had chicken rice and ban-mian before that, popcorn during the movie, done. Off to start and finish Twinkle in a day!

No comments: