Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Jonathan Shin's holi Day.

The following excerpt from Hongrui's blog tells you everything about what happened today, where we performed for RJC Graduation Nite.


"Today was a complete waste of time.

Worse than the days where I just stay at home and read books in the morning, practice cello in the afternoon and watch TV at night.

Woke up at 8.Dilly-dallied until 8.30.
Went out to eat breakfast, came back at 10.
Played cello till 10.30.
Packed up, had a quick bath, lunch, and left house at 11.40.
Reached Serene’s house at 12.50.
Rehearsal until 3.
Played Bridge,etc.. and indulged in random gossiping until 5.
Reached Swiss Hotel at 5.35
Started performance at 6
Ended performance at 7.10
Dilly-dallied around until like 7.40+
Went to eat dinner, finished at like 8.30
Played bridge until 9
Reached home at 9.50

Basically me, jon shin, ben wee and 5 other people formed an octet and performed as background music during the RJC grad nite reception today. Initially the promised us “GOOD FOOD”.

So we actually thought we could join in a bite with the rest of the J2s also.Then suddenly, the “good food” disappeared, and we were told to have dinner with a “$5” budget as the payment for the day.

Right…I still owe Jon Shin $2 from dinner.

Jon Shin owes Ben Wee $50 because he bet that the girls will change their mind when they reach “The Pizza Place” and decide to have dinner at “Burger King” instead and lost the bet.

“The Pizza Place” is da ultimate scam. Lol the personal pizza is really personal man.

And Margaret doesn’t know how to use a knife properly haha.And you can be amazed by how girls can spend hours of their time away just by gossiping.

And Jinghui the imba seems to have a new girlfriend, and that girl apparently has a photo of two of them together in an interesting pose with Jinghui's arm over her shoulder.

hmm..Yeah but still the day is a waste of time, and the performance was totally humiliating and a complete flop.."


Thank you Hongrui for basically summing up the crap we did today. You save my time from an already bad trip back home dragging my cello case with everyone staring at me. What, Mumbai II return of the terrorist? Go away.

And yes, there were lots of major gossiping and bitching this whole afternoon, and I was just sitting idle at a chair shaking my leg and listening, with blackcurrent juice. Comfortable and fantastic. Otherwise at times it felt like an evening soiree in Serene's bungalow, which was just three houses away from SM Goh Chok Tong's house. Yes, Namly Avenue.

I sight-readed Bach the moment I reached there, until Xueqian finally arrived. Yes, it was Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier from Book II. I did the C major prelude and probably the B minor fugue, although I remembered doing a fugue, but I can't remember the key.

Erm, a little bit of Czerny.

When Ben Wee arrived he got me to accompany him on Bruch's Violin Concerto, which I failed utterly because yes, guess what, I was sightrea- ok, whatever.

The performance in the evening was terrible. My mood was already dampened much when I heard about the missing 'good food'. I could have watched an absolutely stunning (special eyewitness's report) concert should I have learnt earlier that the stupid performance ended at seven.

Yesterday was great though.

No comments: