Sunday, September 30, 2007

and I basically

The joy of organising!

If you had stepped into my house yesterday, and into the study room, you could have kicked yourself for not bringing your swimwear...you could have dived into the sea of worksheets, assignments, tests, rough paper, tons of manuscript paper, hole-punchers, staplers, manuscript books, lyric sheets, files, pencils, textbooks, scores, tissue paper (used and unused/new), bags...with that swimwear of youea.

I wanted to take a photo of the mess, but couldn't find the camera.

So what's my point? Get organised man...

At the start of the year my files were pretty neat...by May you could see small stacks of rough paper here and there, partly 'organised'. Come New York in June and I had already stuff all these worksheets - from Chinese to Literature - into drawers and other holes which you can stuff them into. So still it was 'neat'. (At least there weren't any puddles formed yet)

By July you could clearly see the pot-holes and really, it always appears every year. Actually it's on-going, but you know sometimes you do put in effort to tidy up a little.

By yesterday the entire study room was looking like 'shit' already, and I thought I might as have well put in some effort to tidy up.

And so I took 2 hours to tidy up, and well done, now you see a row of files, each for different topics. So we have RE, Social Studies, CLE, Math, Chinese, Literature, English, Physics, Chemistry, and another big stack for music-related stuff.

And then I realised, something else was really messy, and it was thy Math file.

Well, the Math file has already been due for checking about 2 months ago, only I have yet to give it to Mrs Tan for her to check. She's been bugging me since the duedate, and for the rest of the month, until all of us got back the files, except me, because there was nothing for her to return, for the file was still in my hands.

And I thought, of course I couldn't give it to her, it was still in a mess (and always had been). There weren't any dividers for the different topics, and I basically stuffed any new math worksheets coming my way.

There you have it, a tortured blue Math file (folder) with all the worksheets being stuff inside it. And the exterior really looked battered inside out, so I got it a change to a big silver file.

Voila! I managed to file everything inside the file.

Time? 10pm...and I started cleaning up at 7pm. Goes to show you how important organising is.

Moral of the first story: Organise.

There's no second story here, except while I was organising I was tracking the Arsenal-West Ham results. And Arsenal won! Yay...Arsenal forever.

If you can see the picture below the tagboard that would be our Beatles...the names below start from the left. I've been listening to them all day again. It's no wonder why Clement said I was born in the wrong century. And perhaps many others.

It's probably my up-bringing. Like having a dad who shares with you such music everyday, and also classical music which has extended to the 1920s and Gershwin have brought me to touch rock and roll at the surface. Upon contact the first song of the Beatles I ever heard was 'Help!', and then so on and so forth discovering the beautiful songs and lyrics of their pieces.

First thing in the morning when I wake up a Beatles song immediately goes into my head. And today's tune was 'Penny Lane', so I hummed it basically from morning till now. What will be for tomorrow?

'Yesterday?'

No comments: